xxxii

-
(hl)

Millie ran from the apartment building and towards my car with a huge smile on her face, which made my own lips turn up.

"Hi!" She squealed, leaning over to press a kiss to my lips, laughing between it. "Oh, i've missed you."

"Missed you too," I mumbled, pressing one more kiss against her lips before she pulled back. Her back leant against the door, watching me. "What's up with you?"

"I dunno," she shrugged, smile still plastered on her lips. "I'm just excited to see you."

"You're acting like a giddy twelve year old," I laughed, backing out of the car park and beginning to drive back toward my flat. "It's amusing."

"Am I not allowed to be happy?" She asked me, tilting her head. I glanced towards her, a small smile still playing on my lips.

"Nah, by all means," I urged, her attitude filling me up with happiness. "You've just never been this happy around me."

"Yes I have!" She gasped, slapping my arm gently. "I'm always happy around you."

"Bullshit," I laughed, shaking my head. I could see the amused look on her face from the corner of my eye. "You're a moody bitch."

"Harry!" She shouted playfully. "Stop."

"See," I teased, reaching over and jabbing her side. "Moody, you know i'm right."

"Hm," She hummed. "Is Cal home?"

"Yeah," I told her. "But he's stopping out tonight."

"Is he?"

"Yep," I said, glancing towards her and wiggling my eyebrows. Her face grew red. "You know what that means?"

"What?"

"A peaceful nights sleep," I said. Millie laughed, covering her red face. "Why? What did you think?"

"Hm," she started, "just the same."

"I bet."

-

"Callum Airey!" Millie shouted as she entered the flat after me. She closed the door softly, as always. "Where are you?"

"Bedroom!" He shouted back to her. I nodded, urging her to go and say hi, while I took her bag to the bedroom.

Her phone buzzed, and then buzzed again, and then again. I took it from her bag, not initially planning to read the messages, just check who they were from.

joseph x
lmk if ur free later

joseph x
or if ur with him
that's fine, we'll do it
another day

joseph x
miss u already :(

"Millie!" I shouted, the girl shouting back a 'what', "come here for a sec!"

Millie walked inside the bedroom, frowning when she saw her phone in my hand.

"What're you doing?" She asked me, eyes flicking across my face. "Are you alright?"

"What're you doing with Joseph?"

"What do you mean?" She questioned. "Nothing?"

"He said 'if you're with him, that's fine, we'll do it another day'," I read from the phone. "Do what another day, Millie?"

"Are you actually alright?" She scoffed, walking towards me and snatching her phone. "Go to the pub."

"Really?" I asked. "How's he miss you? He just spent a full month and yesterday with you."

"Harry he's a friend," she said calmly. I furrowed my brows. "Literally nothing more."

"Does he know that?"

"Clearly," she scoffed, holding her phone up. "Considering he knows I might be with you. My fucking boyfriend."

I stood silent, watching as she parted her lips. She was annoyed, id say more than annoyed really.

"Why do you have such a problem with trusting me?" She asked me. I shrugged, "I've never ever done anything to make you not have trust for me."

"I dunno Millie-"

"It's the opposite," she started. "You, you gave me a reason not to trust you, and yet here I am, never questioning you."

"That was so long ago," I huffed. "Barely even counts anymore."

"It counts," she laughed. "You just think it doesn't because i've never brought it up."

"Alright," I said, giving up with the argument. "Alright, i'm sorry."

"I just want you to trust me," she said softly, standing in front of me. "You know I love you more than anything."

I nodded, placing my hand on the back of her neck and pulling her closer. She rested her head on my chest- arms around my neck.

"I know, i'm sorry."

-

The two of us sat quietly in bed, the TV playing in the background. Millie was laying on her stomach- bare stomach, with her hands under a pillow.

My head was laying on the bottom of her back, arms wrapped around her legs. She was breathing slowly, likely to be asleep, with hair sprawled across the pillow.

I huffed, unable to sleep because of the TV, but the remote was in her hand, under the pillow. I kissed her back a few times, Millie stirring in her sleep.

"Can I have the remote?" I whispered, she sat up confused, looking at me with squinted eyes. "Lay back down," I said softly, pushing her body back down while leaning over her.

"Hm," She hummed, rolling over, chest rubbing against mine. "Ugh, lie down."

I huffed a laugh, grabbing the remote before being pushed down by the girl. She all but climbed on me, body sprawled across mine now.

"Harry?" She asked me quietly. I hummed, her hair twirling around my finger. My other hand gently tickled her arm. She remained quiet though.

"What?" I asked her, she didn't reply again, and then a small snore left her body. I felt myself smile, squeezing the girl closer to me, kissing her head.

-

millie just posted a story!