night out

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

I sit on the edge of the roof sighing as I puff the smoke out of my mouth. Seeing the large poof bigger than usual due to the cold.

"Smoking kills ya know?"

I turn and see Kate behind me. "Bite me."

She nods and says "You're not about to jump... right?"

I sigh and smile and say "I wish."

"

She sits beside me and I say "If I had any courage I would. But I don't think I could do it with the thought of how much grief it provoke upon my family. But god I so want to."

She looks to me with a pained and scrunched expression. I look to my swinging legs as they sit against the brick. I kick them up and say "She talked to you, didn't she?"

Kate nods and says surprised "No way you spoke to her first?"

I gulp and say "She's Nat's sister. The sister I heard about for years. I met her and all she wants is to kill my father."

"I'm sorry. That- that must be so hard to handle. Especially with how close you were with Natasha. What she said... it- it wasn't true right?"

I sigh and say "He didn't kill Nat. Everything that happened after I found out is all a blur. I saw she was gone. My dad collapsed to the ground in sobs. I felt the world crash and burn around me. I lost most of my family in the blip, all I had left was Nat and then I lost it all. I was numb. It was like part of me died with her. Yelena is just processing Nat's death with the information she knows, she's trusting her source but my dad was the only one that was specifically there when nat died.."

Her expressions soften and she says "I'm so sorry for your loss."

I shake my head and say "I hate that. Don't do that."

She says "Saying I'm sorry-"

"Shut up." I snap at her

She looks down and says "Your personality is pretty similar to that assassin."