3

SYDNEY POV

I woke up the next morning to Mina and Catherine sitting on my bed holding a mug of coffee out to me. I took it and sipped at it while trying to shake myself out of my grogginess. They allowed me to finish about half of it before launching into a discussion I did not want to have.

"Don't hate us but we did something..." Catherine said, trailing off and looking to Mina to finish.

"Okay, so George has been laying it on thick with Catherine, and then Nick DMed me last night. We got in a group chat with them and they felt really bad about what Dream said last night in the chat. They want to stream with us today. We told them we'd be down, but only if Dream wasn't there." Mina said, blowing through her words with such speed I almost missed some of it.

"Guys..." I groaned, throwing my head back on my pillow. "Why? Why would you agree to that? And since when do you call Sap 'Nick'?"

"Nick and George really aren't that bad," Catherine said, "it's really just Dream that is the issue. They said he wouldn't be on the stream and that they'd play nice. It could be fun!"

"I mean, our fans have been begging us to do some content with them, it'll satisfy them and if it goes to shit then maybe they'll stop asking..." Mina said, holding my hand and avoiding my question about calling Sap 'Nick'. The two of them looked at me like little kids asking for permission to have a sleepover.

"Honestly, whatever. As long as Dream isn't there." I grumbled, finishing my coffee. "How do you even have their info, Syd?" I added, mocking their text to be from the day earlier.

"Good, because we already agreed. Get ready we start in an hour!" Catherine yelled, dragging Mina off to go get ready. They ignored my comment but I let it slide. "It'll be fun, Squid!"

I was not looking forward to it at all. I also wasn't convinced that Dream wouldn't weasel his way into the stream, purely to terrorize me. He teased Catherine and Mina too, but I was the prime target. The girls always defended me and even George and Sap would tell him to lay off at times, but his focus whenever we ended up in a stream together (or exchanging blows on Twitter) was always me. I dragged myself out of bed and got ready as I always did, just in case. I joined Catherine and Mina in Cat's room, both of them tossing their phones suspiciously when I entered.

"If you two want to sleep with the enemy, go for it." I said, laughing. "I don't care, you don't need to hide it! How long have you been talking to them anyway?"

"We just don't want to make you uncomfortable. We still hate Dream though, if that makes you feel any better..." Mina said, standing up to hug me. "I just started talking to Nick last night after the stream. It started out with me bullying him but he charmed me, what can I say?"

"You two are about to blow a gasket on me..." Catherine said, looking incredibly guilty. "... I've been friendly with George for a few months now. He messaged me after that one stream with Corpse. I swear we don't talk all that often, well, we didn't talk that often, until a few weeks ago when Dream popped off on you on their stream and he defended you and us. I messaged him to say thank you because he got reamed out after by the other guys on the stream for being a simp.  We started talking more after that and then we were up on the phone for a few hours last night talking about how Dream came after you again."

Mina and I tackled her onto her bed, "you traitor!" we screeched. We all wrestled each other for a moment or two, just like when we were kids again.

"Guys, I promise you, it's fine. Just don't start getting friendly with Dream and we're all good." I say, hugging each of them and kissing their cheeks. It'd been our ritual since we were pre-schoolers. "Regarding right now though, do we have to stream it?" I asked, "can't we just record it and upload it later? If we stream then Dream will definitely see and he'll have a conniption."