5- Flashback

FLASHBACK - continued

SYDNEY POV

I felt like I was sweating buckets as I read through the thread. Even though the girls had specifically told me to avoid Twitter and Corpse told me to avoid watching the rest of the stream, my curiosity was piqued and I couldn't help it. I finally clicked on the video, hearing the final few moments that I was on the stream. Once I had left, it was silent for a minute or so before Dream opened his mouth again.

"See, guys, isn't it so relaxing when Sydney isn't here?" He asked.

"No, actually, it's sad and depressing," Rae quipped. "I miss my little southern belle. If you're somehow still watching, Syd, most of us love you and we're sorry about him."

"She sounds like a Disney princess that got rejected by the board for being too obnoxious," he laughed. "It makes me want to rip my ears off."

"Dream, let it go," Corpse, said, and I knew he was about to kick off. "She already left, there's no need to be a dick when she can't even defend herself."

"Why do you care so much, Corpse?" Dream sneered. "Are you fucking her or something? It's all adding up now. There's no way she'd be able to get so popular without fucking her way to the top."

"Don't talk about her like that, it's fucking disgusting," Corpse snapped. "And no, she's too good for me."

"You're fucking in love with her, that's why you can't see how unbelievably fucking annoying she is," Dream laughed, "she sucks at Minecraft, she's not funny, her voice is annoying, and she's too god damn loud. Everyone keeps saying she's hot too, but I'd bet you anything she's not. No way in hell do you have two hot friends and you're also allegedly hot, but for some reason refuse to put your face cam on. There's just no way."

"Dream, you're on really fucking thin ice right now," Corpse said, his voice getting louder. "And you have good-looking friends but your face cam is off too. So by that logic, you're probably busted as fuck. Maybe that's why you're so miserable. Syd wouldn't touch you with a ten-foot pole even if you were the last two people alive."

"If she gets to talk her shit, I'm going to talk mine. I literally hate her and I truly do not understand how it is that none of you can see why," Dream grumbled.

"Dream, I'm about to lose it," Corpse said, his voice was threatening but level. I knew that was not a good sign. "Shut the fuck up and keep her name out of your mouth."

"Or what? What the fuck are you going to do about it?" he snapped back. Everyone with a face cam on looked so wildly uncomfortable. "You're getting real fucking defensive, so maybe it is true. Maybe you are hooking up, and I'd bet you're not the first streamer she's gotten with either." I held my breath like I was there and trying to keep quiet. I knew exactly what was coming, both because Mina and Catherine had already told me, but also because I knew Corpse well enough to know that when he sounded calm, he was most definitely not calm.

"I'll kill you with my bare fucking hands. You're such a dick dude, it was funny for maybe five minutes when all of this first started, but now it's not. People are too afraid to stand up to you because you're so big and famous," Corpse seethed, "but really, you're just a fucking immature little jackass. She's the only one with the fucking balls to put you in your place and you can't handle it. You're everything that you claim Syd is, but somehow exponentially worse. Keep her damn name out of your mouth and leave her the fuck alone. If I hear about you coming after her one more fucking time, I swear to God I will put you into a coma and then let her pull the fucking plug on you." Mina and Catherine had the widest eyes I'd ever seen and their mouths were hanging open. Rae did look scared but also extremely entertained. I couldn't help but smile a little at their faces, even though I was fuming. "And that's not a threat, that's a promise."