4 - Flashback

FLASHBACK - six months earlier

SYDNEY POV

"KARL I'M GOING TO FUCKING KILL YOU," I screamed, "if you accuse me one more time, I swear to god I'm coming to your house and I'm going to hurt you." I was not the best at Among Us, mostly because I'd get so mad when I was accused of being an imposter. It didn't matter if I was or not, it pissed me off just the same.

"Good luck finding my house, hoe, I moved!" He yelled back through his laughter. 

"I know your P.O. box loser, Mina, Catherine and I will stake it out and wait for you to show up," I laughed, "we're never far, Karly-poo. Just keep that in mind." The girls and I loved Karl and we always sent him our merch first. He was one of the first bigger streamers to collaborate with us before we really blew up, so we always appreciated spending time with him in a stream. 

"Sydney, please shut the fuck up," Dream said, with such irritation in his voice it almost threw me off for a second. "I can't focus when you're screeching like that."

The chat picked up speed but I couldn't bring myself to look at it. "Sounds like a you problem, honey."

"You yell in my ears all the time, Dream," George squawked. 

"You are constantly yelling," Catherine said, "I rarely ever hear your normal speaking voice, I just hear you screaming."

"See, its a you problem," I retorted, "in more ways than one."

"I'm straight up going to leave if she doesn't quiet down," Dream said, and I could tell he only meant to unmute himself to the audience and not to all of us. Ten of us were on the stream: Dream, TommyInnit, SapNap, George, KarlJacobs, Valkyrae, Corpse Husband, Catherine, Mina, and myself.

"Oh pipe down, Dream," Karl replied, "Syd's my friend and everyone else in here loves her. Well, except you and George and Sap, maybe."

"Yeah I fuck with Syd a lot," Tommy jumped in, and I smiled even though no one could see me. "She's better than you, so maybe you should go?"

"Yeah, fuck outta here Dream!" Karl laughed. I knew they weren't being serious about him leaving, but I was incredibly grateful that they were all standing up for me. They were very close with Dream, so I knew this must hard on them.

"Squid is my bestie so she's staying," Rae yelled. "I scream too and that doesn't seem to bug you?"

"He wants to fuck you, Rae, that's why," I said, and we all laughed. Rae, Catherine, Mina, and I were all good friends and we teased her about Dream having a little crush on her. I mostly did it because I knew Corpse actually had a thing for Rae and I figured it would throw people off his trail a little bit.

"I think he wants you, Syd," Rae smirked. I felt like she was staring into my soul from her little square. "Guys are always mean to the girls they like."

"That's what Mina and I have been saying!" Catherine screeched, throwing her hands up. 

"Maybe she'll actually listen to you, Rae," Mina laughed, pretending to rub her temples in frustration.

"Or maybe I don't want to fuck either of you?" Dream popped back in. "Maybe I just really don't fucking like you, Syd?" 

"Fuck you, Dream," Corpse suddenly chimed in. He'd been pretty quiet during our back and forths, which was odd considering he was usually one of the first people to stand up for me. I had a feeling he was about to snap, which I did want to see, but I also just wanted to escape Dream. "You've been so up her ass for this entire stream. It's not even funny anymore, just let the poor girl breathe for a second."