14

SYDNEY POV

The sound of Clay laughing and his fingers tapping across the keyboard pulled me out of a dream. I forced my eyes open and stretched out a little bit, which caught his attention.

"Hang on guys, I gotta pee," he said, muting himself and taking off his headphones. "I should've thought this through a little more. You're in my bed, we have the house to ourselves, and I'm stuck streaming now," he pouted, coming over to me. He kissed my forehead before standing back up again and grabbing a thermos off of his desk. "I made you coffee!"

I wanted to cry. I was pretty easy to win over and that might've been the final straw. "Thank you, Clay," I smiled, taking a sip. "Perfect."

"I can try to get out of this in a second if you want," he said, sitting back down in his chair.

"You can keep streaming, I don't mind. Where is everyone else though?" I asked, sitting up more in his bed, looking at the clock. It was 10:30, which was the latest I'd slept in since being here. Pretty much the second I sat up, Patches curled up in my lap, so I sat there sipping my coffee and petting her.

"They ditched us to go on a breakfast double date," he chuckled. "They left like fifteen minutes ago -- I asked if we could go, but they said no because we're not dating, so I don't think they heard anything last night. I told them that I got paranoid that people there knew who I was so we went home. I got bullied real bad for that so I hope you appreciate it." 

"Well, that's good news. And I do, I promise," I laughed, indescribably relieved. "I'll watch, you keep streaming."

He nodded and hopped back in the game. It was weird to watch him actually playing a game from this side of things for once, and I was actually impressed by how quickly his hands flitted across the keys. His hands were of particular interest to me as of late, and I wondered if he noticed me staring. It was even worse today after they'd been all over me last night. I couldn't stop picturing his hand around my throat and I had to shake myself out of it so I wouldn't go insane. I couldn't believe we had actually had sex last night and things were totally normal this morning. I half-expected him to act weird or to tell me it was a mistake. 

I knew I was getting a lot more emotionally involved than I wanted to, but I couldn't help it. It was happening way too quickly for my liking, but I couldn't help that either. We couldn't seem to stay away from each other, but this shouldn't have been that surprising considering we've never really been able to. Even when we were fighting like cats and dogs, neither of us could leave the other be. What we'd been doing since I've been here seemed so crazy at first, but it made sense the more I thought about it. The whole enemies to lovers thing is a trope for a reason, after all. We'd already had such intense emotions for each other, the emotions just did a 180.

I tried to keep quiet as he kept falling into lava, but I couldn't help but laugh a little. I wanted to tease him about whoever was playing him being better than him, but the joke wrote itself as soon as I heard Corpse's voice. Corpse hardly ever played Minecraft, and he was still doing better than Clay. Quackity and some of the other usual suspects were in the stream too.

"Who is that? Is that Sydney? I'd recognize her laugh anywhere." I could hear Corpse even through Clay's headphones. I could tell Clay was a little pissed that Corpse knew who I was so quickly. He looked a little jealous too, but I couldn't be sure.

"Yeah, that's Squid if I've ever heard her," Quackity laughed.

"Yeah, she's in the other room, she's just so fucking loud you can hear her from in here. Annoying right?" He said, winking at me -- I rolled my eyes at him a little. I was glad he was keeping up the charade though, I thought he would've caved already.