17

CLAY POV

She fell asleep on my chest soon after we laid back down. I couldn't sleep though, my mind was absolutely racing and I was definitely still a little high. I couldn't fucking believe I told her that I loved her. I didn't want to admit it to myself yet, let alone her. I guess it wasn't really that big of an admission -- I wasn't trying to tell her that I was in love with her, but that I have love for her. I tell Nick and George I love them, but I also don't have sex with them. I didn't regret saying it because I did mean it, but I knew it spooked her a little bit. When she said it back I wanted to kiss her a million times but I refrained until we got in the house.

That ended up backfiring when George walked in and saw me kissing her neck and forced us to admit that we were hooking up. I didn't even really care, which was odd. It was almost a relief. It would be nice to be able to talk to George for advice if I needed it, and I didn't want to have to sneak around with Syd anymore. It made things fun, but I wanted everyone to know that we were together. I wanted all of our friends, especially Corpse and even Karl that relentlessly flirted with her, to know that she was with me.

I almost didn't even care if the fans knew, but I knew why she wanted to keep it on the down-low for a while. We each had some absolutely rabid stans who would attack the other person if they weren't thrilled with the news. We also had a dynamic that worked well, at least until I took things too far. It was fun for us to argue a little and it was fun for the viewers, and us being together as a couple might not be as entertaining. I wanted to say fuck that and tell everyone, but I knew I couldn't. I knew Sydney was a heavy sleeper and she was knocked out, so I texted George.

Clay-

are you up

please be awake i need to talk to you

George-

yes

cat just fell asleep during the movie we were watching lol

what's up

Clay-

dude, please don't tell anyone this

and do not make fun of me

George-

i won't tell anyone

but you can't make me promise the last part

oh no did you pee the bed again

Clay-

no, it's somehow even more embarrassing

i fucking told syd i loved her tonight

i was just laying there and i was like... damn i kinda love her i think, so i said it

i didn't mean it in the i'm in love with you sense and i told her that but she got a little freaked out anyway

George-

no you fucking did not lmao that has to be a joke

are you being serious?