19

SYDNEY POV

I woke up tangled around Clay, as per usual. All I could think about was our conversation on the golf course. Last night really pushed me over the emotional edge and I knew I couldn't really resist my feelings anymore. I wasn't sure if I really trusted what he had said last night, but I knew I didn't really have a reason not to. Even when he hated each other, he'd technically never lied to me or betrayed my trust and he certainly hadn't done it since we started doing what we're doing now. I didn't have a reason to hold back my trust or my feelings, so I decided to just let myself fall -- something I was terrible at.

My movement woke him, and he rubbed his eyes a little. "Hi," he said, his voice raspy and still sounding sleepy.

"Hi," I smiled up at him. He looked so fucking cute in the morning it made my chest hurt.

He turned his head to look at the clock. "It's like 9, should we just get up? I'm sure the others will be awake soon, they went to bed really early."

"Yeah, I want coffee," I mumbled, letting my head fall back on his chest for a second. He rubbed my back in between my shoulders, moving my hair out of the way gently. "I need to go back to my room to change really fast, can you make sure no one is out there?"

"You need to get up first, Squid," he laughed, and I sat up. He went over to the door, opening it slightly so he could peek out without anyone being able to see in. "You're all good. I'll have coffee ready when you get downstairs."

"Thank you," I tiptoed into my room to change. I decided to brush my teeth too, even though I knew I'd be having coffee right after. I had forgotten last night after we got back upstairs and my mouth felt gross. 

I went downstairs, and Clay handed me my coffee. I was still impressed that he got it right every single time, even though it was pretty simple. "Thank you," I said, kissing him. I noticed he had brushed his teeth too. "Oh, were you expecting to do a little smooching?"

"Can't say I wasn't hoping for it, baby," he whispered, grabbing my face and kissing me again. We pulled away as soon as we heard footsteps on the stairs. It ended up just being George, so it didn't really matter if we'd been caught. He just rolled his eyes and shook his head at us, knowing what we were probably just up to, and the others trailed in moments later.

We didn't have any plans today except for filming a video that hopefully wouldn't take us more than a few hours and hopefully wouldn't end in the two of us screaming at each other again. After everyone got their coffee and Clay and I poured ourselves more, we all sat on the couch. Clay turned on football, which wouldn't have been my choice, but the Saints were playing so I was actually fairly interested. Clay took over explaining football to George, and he was picking up on it quickly. I assumed I was the only one who knew the soccer rules, so I explained the differences quietly to him while Clay had a meltdown over a referee's calls.

"WHO DAT?!" I screeched, jumping up and down as the Saints scored a touchdown over the Texans, which happened to be Clay's favorite team. I didn't really care that much, but I did have hometown pride and Clay was getting very upset over this game, so I had to take the opportunity to mess with him a bit. 

"Fuck off, Squid," Clay grumbled, smiling at me to show me he didn't actually mean it. 

"Who even likes the damn Texans?" Mina laughed, her legs draped over Nick's lap.

"I could even forgive being a Cowboys fan, but the Texans?" I teased, "come on Clay, get your taste up."

"When they win this game you'll change your tune," he joked, pointing to all of us. "Just wait."