001 | 𝒄𝒓𝒖𝒔𝒉

one:
crush
by tessa violet

"what the f— chenle!?"

jisung received a smack from a rolled piece of paper, presumably chenle's copy of the notes, as the chinese male placed his hands on his hips after. the younger can only rub the spot and give chenle a sulky look.

"yes, that's what you get for drooling over jeno hyung instead of memorizing the damn notes i photocopied for you." chenle rolled his eyes and sat beside his best friend as he huffed, staring at thhe sophomore's direction who looked so handsome and attractively pleasing to the eye but chenle won't say that out loud because his best friend has his eyes on him. "what's so good about him?"

"how lucky for you to call him 'hyung'." jisung pouted and set aside his notes. "and why are you even questioning that— you know what? i'm listing it down. he's ideal — very attractive, aces his studies despite in ice hockey, fucking gorgeous, overly talented— and proved it when he blocked the opposing team's winning blow from the national competition last year."

jisung dreamily sighed as he stared at the sophomore that's patiently waiting for the other team to throw their hockey on their goal. "plus he did that when he was just fifteen? jesus, i don't even know what i'm doing at fifteen."

"ji, you're fourteen."

"still don't know what i'm doing at fifteen." jisung deadpanned.

he's aware he's too young to be in love —heck he even knows he should be focusing on studies first when he's this young but he just couldn't help but fall for the lee jeno's charms. and he's for sure chenle's also eyeing one of jeno's teammates but you don't hear that from him.

chenle rolled his eyes at the younger's stupid statement. "you're seriously eyeing over jeno hyung? i heard he's dating someone."

"i— chenle, i'm just eyeing over him. it's not like i like him to the point that we'll date—"

"bitch, your drools says otherwise."

"that's because he's hot!"

jisung bit his bottom lip and gritted his teeth as he couldn't believe he just said that out loud. lucky for them the players were too occupied with the practice game to even hear jisung's sudden outburst just to shut chenle up from teasing him.

poking his tongue on his inner cheek, jisung grabbed his notes embarrassed and made his way down the bleachers, hearing chenle's high-pitched giggle as the older followed him after, slapping his shoulder playfully to lift his mood a little.

chenle may be playful, but he knows his limits and if he felt like he hurt jisung's feelings, he'll make it up to him immediately. "come on, the bell rang thirty minutes ago. mango and cheese bingsu?"

jisung halted, knowing that he can't back away from that offer especially when it's chenle who's paying for it. "alright."

the chinese's cheeks rose, forming a little dent on it as he was about to skip his way down the hallway — only to feel a hand grab his uniform and pull him back. "ow! what was that for!?"

"is it really true that jeno sunbae is dating someone?" jisung's eyes held nothing but disappointment and hopelessness, shooting straight at chenle's confused ones.

they stared for a good second before the younger realized that he was fooled when chenle pulled up his infamous teasing look that almost everyone find annoying as it usually means he's ready to spill tea or he caught them redhanded.

"...fuck you."

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"have you heard?"

jeno slipped on his shirt before looking at his teammate, hyunjin, with furrowed eyebrows. "heard what?"

"those two freshmen at the bleachers a while ago." the male pointed out, opening his locker and discarded his attire, wiping the sweat that's rolling down his skin before changing into a cleaner and more comfortable clothing, wanting to shower at home.

"what about them?" jeno questioned, grabbing his water bottle from his duffle bag and taking a large gulp of it. he knew hyunjin won't just point out random fangirls that watch them during practice so it kind of got his attention.

"both were staring at you, one looks like he has heart eyes." hyunjin knew many were staring at jeno, but honestly they caught his attention the most.

"ah, that's...." jeno paused upon noticing a distinct pronoun. "did... did you just say he?"

there's only three types of people staring at him, according to his observations: one, girls with heart eyes; two, girls in awe; and three, boys in raging jealousy and/or envy. but never a guy with heart eyes.

not to mention, a freshman.

"yeah. both of them were staring at you, one looked like he was teasing the other. and i overheard the other saying 'he's hot' or something— i don't remember much, maybe i misheard. just figured to let you know." hyunjin shrugged and swung his bag over his shoulder before tapping jeno. "i'll head home first."

jeno was in awe at this statement. he kept in mind that hyunjin isn't sure about this but he wanted to know if it's really true. it was a different feeling than finding out a girl likes you, and jeno was more than happy there's at least one guy that likes him and not give him death stares like his existence is a catastrophe.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───

caution: teenage first love/highschool au
that's why they're really young :)