003 | 𝒈𝒐𝒓𝒈𝒆𝒐𝒖𝒔

three:
gorgeous
by taylor swift

it was like time passed really fast when jisung didn't want it to — he was shaking out of nervousness, hands sweating as he tried to be calm as fuck. three days passed since the invitation and nothing really happened between them except jisung making eye contact with jeno on the cafeteria during lunch — though that wasn't special enough.

currently, he's sitting on his bed, bag ready for their small trip to the other school as he waited for chenle to pick him up. his mother was hesitant to let him go, but hearing that chenle will be with him was enough to let him come.

"ji, chenle's here!"

jisung suddenly felt like he had to change the hoodie he's wearing as he felt the temperature go up. he picked up his bag and not forgetting his phone before rushing down the stairs.

"take care, alright? here," jisung's mom passed him a handful of cash. "use it wisely."

"mom, you didn't have to." the male took the money out of his mother's grasp, only to receive a raise of the brow from her.

"yeah, you didn't have to and you proceed to take it from me." she rolled her eyes. "go on, enjoy your day."

jisung cheekily smiled before hugging her and ran out the door, only to drop the smile when he saw chenle right outside an unfamiliar car.

"is this a new car?"

the chinese shook his head. "it's sicheng sunbae's. he said he'll take us there since he invited us."

talk about literal fortune.

jisung blinked but nonetheless entered the back seat after chenle, noticing that it was the assistant captain of the team on the passenger seat as he greeted with a small nod (since there wasn't enough space to do a ninety-degree bow).

sicheng, as usual, has a blank look on his face but the corner of his lips tugged up in a smile to greet them back wordlessly, whilst ten lee waved at them and saluted with his two fingers.

"oh, so this is the chicks you invited?" ten teased as chenle and jisung blushed in embarrassment at the term he called them. "you guys must have saved a whole town on your previous life, my bro chengie doesn't even invite me on dates."

for a second, chenle's heart dropped. but who is he to judge if they're dating right? for starters, he's a mere freshman and the guy he likes is a cold-blooded senior.

"ten, shut the fuck up."

"ah my bad. did i trigger something?"

"you're embarrassing me."

the thai shrugged. "not my problem you asked me to come with you."

"exactly the reason why i favor jeno's leadership over yours." sicheng deadpanned, causing ten's jaw to drop at the sudden comeback. he knew it was a way to shut him up, but he wanted to add little spices to check what expression the two freshmen will give.

"you— how dare you!?"

"chitta fucking phon, don't make me swerve lanes."

jisung can only chuckle at their chemistry, whilst chenle sat there with a blank look on his face. he also wanted to treat the captain like a friend, that's the least he wanted to do. and it doesn't even look like sicheng invited them personally.

the road trip was not too long but not short either, sicheng was only following the school van where his team was and stopped during whenever the van stops. they arrived sooner than later as the game starts at 2 in the afternoon — and it's currently half past twelve.

jisung was the first to unload the car, shivering slightly as the university they went to is located in outskirts of the town. he wasn't going to lie, after living in the capital town of the city for so long, he didn't expect luxurious universities outside where he lived — guess he should explore the outside world more.

he sighed a little to 'remove' the cold in his body as he shivered, winter season really started but the snow is yet to fall.

"would you look at that, jenjen?"

hyunjin smirked, looking out the window as he stared at a certain someone chilling outside of their captain's car. jeno raised a brow and looked out as well, seeing a rather attractive male standing out the cold as the other players slowly went out of the van.

"that's... who's that?"

"the boy you've been asking for."

jeno had to question because he isn't sure if that's the person hyunjin was talking about. after all, all he knew is his name and not his face. yet the face was so familiar, he recognized him as the guy who always studies at the ice rink but ends up watching their practice game.

he didn't get to connect the dots until now.

"motherfucker." he cursed under his breath.

jeno's not lying, and never will. that boy is drop dead gorgeous.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───