006 | 𝒇𝒐𝒐𝒍𝒔

six:
fools
by troye sivan

maybe this whole thing isn't so bad after all.

jeno made sure the younger boy saw his signature eye smile and smiled all the time, he also made subtle movements to show interest at the younger like rubbing his thumb on the other's hand, and, of course, the classic 'catching him whenever he loses balance in the rink'. jeno was sure hyunjin would tease the living hell out of his not-confirmed gay ass.

jisung, on the other hand, was really taking in hints that jeno knows him - however, he thinks he knows him as the kid in the bleachers during practice.

while some of the team members joined them into teaching the guests how to skate around the rink, others decided to change and rest because of the intense game a little while ago.

"you catching up?" jeno tilted his head to face a red-faced jisung, already knowing how to balance himself but he's not too confident to skate around unlike chenle who now enjoys skating with the help of sicheng.

"y-yeah, i guess..." the younger bit his lip out of nervousness. he didn't know he got the premium experience; where he gets to watch the private game and skate with the boy he took interest on since last year.

jeno giggled lowly, he find the younger too cute to handle. but he gotta make sure he kept his cool.

"i'm gonna let you go now, alright?" the older uttered, slowly letting go of his hold on the younger as jisung inwardly panicked.

"w-wait, this is-"

"you can do it, trust yourself."

how am i supposed to trust myself when you're around, jisung thought but had no other choice but to let jeno let go of him as he felt his legs shake out of having no sense of balance.

jeno giggle lightly, "see? you can do it."

as weird as it sounds, jisung can stand on ice with two blades on his shoes - however, he didn't say he can move places.

"now, slowly, come to me."

jisung bit the bottom of his lip in anxiousness and frustration. he didn't want to make a fool out of himself in front of his crush, but he also couldn't help it since first of all, he can't skate.

jeno kept on skating backwards and maintained a distance between him and the freshman with a stupid smile on his face since he finds him too adorable despite knowing he's having a hard time.

"i-i'm not sure i can-"

"come on, jisung-ssi. you can do it."

even with the thought of him wanting to come to where jeno was, he still couldn't move because one, he thinks he'll fall the time he moves and two, if he does fall, he thinks he'll scratch his arm on the ice and bleed.

plus wounds scare him because it may be the smallest injury but it hurts like hell.

"i'm sure jisung will regret not moving." chenle rolled his eyes as he watch his best friend form afar. he flashed sicheng a look of 'let-me-help-my-homie-out-please-wait' before letting go of the side rails and struggled his way to jisung direction.

despite being a beginner at skating, chenle's obviously good at listening to instructions and using the tricks sicheng told him as it looked like he was already skating for a few days when he got to jisung.

chenle, having a mischievous smile on his face, held jisung's arms and whispered in his ears. "thank me later." before pushing his tall figure to jeno and skating away like nothing happened.

jisung cursed under his breath and fell forward to which he maintained balance for like a whole second before fully laying flat on the ground.

jeno did not even waste a second to laugh at their chemistry and watched how jisung struggled to stand back up on the ice whilst laughing. chenle was also flat out laughing but felt bad for his friend after attempting that typical cliche shit you get from couples when they struggle on ice.

apparently, jeno's bad at reading signals.

"zhong fucking chenle!"

𓆝 𓆟 𓆞 𓆝 𓆟

"you're shit at reading signals, aren't you?"

jeno gave him a side eye, gulping on the contents he sipped from the coffee cup before putting it down and turning to face the captain. "am i supposed to be offended?"

"no, no." sicheng shook his head, eyes lingering at the two figures by the counter who are waiting for their mango cheese bingsu. "it's just that..."

currently, the four of them are chilling on the coffee shop after the game, it just so happens that they were close to one and decided to freshen up before going home.

ten was supposed to come with them but had to go with the team in the coaster and go home early since he still got a research defense to deal with the day after tomorrow. and so the thai switched seats with jeno who, quite surprisingly, vounteered and agreed.

"that what?" jeno looked behind him and subtly smiled at the two patiently waiting.

"you're supposed to catch him and not laugh at him." sicheng wanted to laugh at the thought again, it was truly a laugh-worthy scene especially in jeno's point of view, but he felt bad since he knew chenle purposely pushed jisung for a reason.

and yes the reason is pretty obvious; jisung likes the goalkeeper of the team.

the younger squinted his eyes, "oh. is that what it means?"

sicheng mentally facepalmed. "god, you need to learn to read the room, jen."

as chenle and jisung made their way to the table, neither of them realized they were with the people they took interest on. it's just that after the whole teaching them to skate session, they felt more like broskis rather than the seniors they liked.

"this mango cheese bingsu already looks terrible." jisung scrunched his face up.

"shut the fuck up and thank me." chenle rolled his eyes.

"never."

in the end, chenle payed for the bingsu- all because of the whole purposely pushing the younger on the cold, ice floor. although it was a funny experience, jisung was still pretty sulky more on the fact that chenle pushed him rather than jeno laughing at him.

─── ┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈ ───