Ch.12

Currently (Y/n) is having a debate with himself within his mind. He's still supposed to work but two people want to take him to meet their friend. If he said no this would be the first time he turned done something that was asked of him. What would happen if he said no? How would it affect his relationship with the two if he did? Are they, friends or acquaintances?

Is this some sort of test to decide if they'll be his friends? Can friendships be made this quickly? All of these thoughts were running wild in his mind. Either action would have some kind of consequence. Which one was he going to make?

(Y/n): I-

Unexpectedly, someone wearing a shirt with the radio station's logo walks into the room. He gazed in the direction of the entrance and they start waving him down. Looking apologetically at the two he leaves them to figure out what the person was trying to get his attention for.

Lady: The laptop started automatically updating so no music is being played.

(Y/n): "What am I supposed to do about it? I just got the thing today so I didn't know they had auto-update on."

Lady: I have contacted Arthur and he said there are no other available devices to use. So his solution was just to call it a day and hope it finishes updating by tomorrow.

(Y/n): "He must have not noticed that the speakers were wireless."

Lady: I'll take the laptop back so you can leave. It's already seven pm if I recall.

(Y/n): "Well I'm already exhausted because I was around a ton of people today. But I promised to stop by at the coffee shop and talk to old man David. I'm just going to walk away and make them think it's work-related since I know I won't be able to say I can't go with them. Hopefully, they don't ask about it if we meet again." Okay.

Dashing out of the room he quickly made his way to one of the exits of the building and started up his bike. Once it warmed up he put on his helmet and drove off to the cozy little coffee shop he discovered a few days ago. As he was driving he noticed all the advisement. A plane flew overhead with a banner waving behind it in the wind. Buses had the event date and pictures of some of the guests attending on their side. Even the electric billboard that he thought was broken seemed to be advising and also said to support our local businesses.

(Y/n): "This isn't something I'm used to anymore. It's usually a lot more peaceful and quiet but I still like some change now and then. Seeing all these new people, talking with them, and getting to know them a little is nice. I can't believe how much I've talked today must have reached a new personal record."

Weaving in between some of the other vehicles to avoid having to wait in traffic he reached his destination. He looked into the shop from his parking across the street. There seemed to be more people in the shop compared to the last time he visited. However, it wasn't overcrowded and he saw the old man sitting in one of the booths with a small coffee cup. (Y/n) got off the bike and walked across the street now entering the shop and made his way to where David was sitting.

David: Ah, there you are. I thought I would have to go on a rescue mission to save you.

(Y/n): No I'm fine. For the most part at least.

David: Take off your helmet. When having a conversation with someone it's disrespectful to wear that.

He took off his helmet and started watching the back of his neck.

(Y/n): My bad. I guess I was just in a hurry to get over here since I'm tired.

David: Tired? Tired from what you got a chair.