Karaoke & Friends| 03

It's not that I don't want you here.
It's somethin' bout the way you stare into my eyes. I
know that I don't make things clear.

~ Snoh Aalegra| I want you around

Karaoke night. Clover's favorite. The thing she looked forward to every last Saturday with the Lovello's. Tonight was her night to perform a song in which she chose to focus on singing a song by Snoh Aalegra. One of her favorite artist to listen to. The lovello's were in love with Clover's voice. The voice that she kept hidden because she had always been told that no one would want to hear anything she wrote. Singing and songwriting was something she did on the side but had stopped for over a year now due to feeling like writing would force her to spill her emotions.

With her phone in hand, Enya sat with a big smile on her face as she recorded. "Y'all see best friend! Don't play with that girl."

Mr and Mrs Lovello laughed at their child. "You sound beautiful baby!" Elaine smiled.

By the end of the song, Clover cheeks were glowing red. The love she received from Enya's family daily was enough to make her feel like she belonged. Even when the two of them first became friends, Elaine and Joesph always welcomed her over with open arms to spend the night and attend dinner. Their home was her safe place when she was out in the streets sleeping on sidewalks.

"I heard your singing from upstairs. You sound okay." Zyon smirked.

"It's always that one hating child." Clover laughed. "When I become rich one day, don't ask me for nothing."

Zyon frowned. "Come on Clove. You know you going to be my wife. Stop all that."

All of them started busting out laughing. This was a regular thing for Zyon and Clover. Always bickering to the point where they couldn't help but to laugh at one another silliness. Seeing her phone light up with a message, Clover looked down to see that Glock had sent her a message letting her know he was outside.

"Don't even try to explain why you leaving. Just GO!" Enya goody smiled.

Clover rolled her eyes with a laugh before saying her goodbyes to everyone and leaving out. The day of the photo shoot, Clover had given Glock her number and the two had been having friendly conversations ever since. Tonight, they were hanging out as friends. Glock was taking her to get some food while they sit near the airport and watch the planes. Something she had told him she always wanted to do.

Climbing into the car, she closed the door. "Thanks for coming to grab me. My car broke down on me today." She sighed.

"It ain't nothing. You look good by the way. I love the little vibe you got going on with your outfit." Glock smiled.

Clover looked down. "Stop. You're making my cheeks turn red with the compliments."

Glock just chuckled and started to drive. Clover found herself stealing fall glances at him out the corner of her eyes. She took in how he drove with his right hand gripping the steering wheel and his left hand resting on his lap. The car he drove was exotic. A car she knew she could never afford. Glock rode around in a all black Lamborghini with orange interior on the inside. Clover was very intrigued by his appearance.