Chapter 44

Emma spent her days doing absolutely nothing. She went on walks, called her neighbors to see how Pongo was doing, read books, and spent countless of minutes on her phone scrolling to read theories on Regina and her "new mysterious blonde".

Apparently, people knew a lot of things about herself, that she didn't even know. According to Celebrity News Weekly Regina and she had met each other on set and had felt an immediate connection. Now, they'd gotten married, with just a few people present. Another theory was that Regina was suing her, for some reason, and they hated each other to the bone.

She had to admit that it was very addicting to read the things people said about them. In reality, though, Regina worked more than twelve hours, every day, and the only time Emma really saw her was at night, but even then, Regina was too tired to really do anything. They did fall asleep in each others' arms every night and Emma was already looking forward to that moment.

She'd been here for a week, now, and Emma still didn't know what the point of her vacation was. She didn't feel more relaxed and she certainly didn't feel more motivated to take on new cases. Not after the lack of trust and belief she'd gotten from her boss.

It was nice that she could spend some more time with Regina, but throughout the day she was pretty bored. She wanted to do something, but she didn't know what.

She was cooking dinner in the tiny kitchen. Regina often ate something on set and she didn't expect her home for a few hours, but suddenly she heard the door move.

Regina came inside and looked tired as ever. She groaned loudly and turned around. "Go away. I already said no. I don't want you here," she said, with an authoritative voice. Emma frowned in confusion, but she couldn't see the person Regina was speaking to. "Go. Now. Or I'm going to call someone and get you out of here, immediately."

"I thought we were friends. You said you really liked me," the other person said, and Emma's eyebrows shot up. She walked away from the stove, to see who Regina was talking to. She recognized the voice, but couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"'Gina, everything okay?" Emma asked, and her friend turned around. As soon as Regina saw her, a smile appeared on her lips and she hugged Emma. She wanted to close the door with one hand, but the woman outside pushed it back.

"Emma?"

Emma moved away from the embrace. She looked aside and immediately recognized Lily. The woman had evidently grown up and she was quite pretty. However, Emma had nothing but negative associations with the woman, and her face turned into a scowl.

"What are you doing with Regina, Emma?" It sounded condescending, and Lily looked nervously as her.

Regina leaned in and moved her lips to Emma's ear. "I'm so sorry, she kept following me. I really wish you didn't have to see this," she said, and then turned to Lily. "If you haven't left within three seconds, I am going to call someone." She'd already grabbed her phone.

"No, no, I'll go. I just.. are you two a thing?" Lily asked, her tone having changed drastically. She'd gone from determined to desperate and it was quite a satisfaction for Emma to see.

"No," Emma said. "Now, shoo. I don't need you here." She sighed and closed the door. This time, Lily didn't push back. "That was fun. I've always wanted to wave her off like that."

Regina smiled and cupped Emma's cheeks. "I know you're boring yourself to death, but I'm really glad that you're here. You don't know just how much you're helping me with staying motivated and concentrated for the day. Every morning, I'm looking forward to seeing you again."

Emma kissed Regina's lips tenderly and untucked the woman's blouse. "I can bore myself at home or here, and at least this way, I get to see you."

Their lips melted together again. Slowly moving, anticipating the others' next moves. Emma parted her lips and Regina dipped her tongue inside. Warms hands were caressing her back and Emma pulled her closer to her own body.