Chapter 2: 'Happy birthday, Rory'

Finally, 3pm rolled around and Allison and Becky headed for the changing room with sports bags to make it look as if they were about to start working out in the gym. Once inside, they spotted their target changing in a far corner and just hung out and chatted casually among themselves while they waited. They noticed how painfully slow Rory was at getting herself organised in comparison to her classmates. The rest of her class filed out the door one by one, leaving Rory on her own reading The Great Gatsby in a corner.

With her head in the big long book and still only half changed, Rory was completely in her own world with a little grin on her face, oblivious to the clear and present danger of two of her most fearsome tormentors. But then she spotted them. Hastily, she put her book down, put the rest of her clothes on and attempted to leave the room. She wasn't sure why they were there, but she knew that she didn't want to be anywhere near them.

 She wasn't sure why they were there, but she knew that she didn't want to be anywhere near them

Allison, played by Dove Cameron from Liv and Maddie 

Rory started walking at a brisk pace, trying to disguise her panic. But she shuddered so much on being confronted by those two older girls that she came to a complete halt when she realised they were quite deliberately blocking her path. It annoyed and frustrated Rory how scared and small this pair made her feel just by their presence. While Becky physically blocked the door, Allison stood in front of her friend with her arms folded. This pair were both so confident and attractive, Rory thought to herself - beautiful enough to be on TV.

"Happy birthday, Rory!", said Allison, grinning broadly.

"Yeahh, don't think we got you a card though", Becky said wryly as she texted her younger cousin Jackie: "We've got her now x".

Allison: "Seventeen and you still don't look a day over 13."

Becky: "I think 12."

Rory: "Look guys, I do have to go today because I have student council and I have to see my - -"

Allison: "Mommy?"

Becky: "Yeahh she does. Same as last year."

Rory blushed with sheer embarrassment.