Enslaved

**A/N: Some part of this chapter will be very similar to AC. This is because I am using the same setting and the original author's explanations were perfect so I copied some of them (of how a pack works)**

I struggle to open my left eye and it feels as if someone has glued it shut. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get vision loss from how long I have kept my contact in. I get up and notice I'm still coated in Landon's blood.

Oh my god! I shot Landon and found out he was a werewolf? How did he survive the gunshot wound?

The recent events feel like a dream but the dried up blood on my hands prove otherwise. I try to get off the very hard and torn up mattress I'm on but a sickening rush of pain goes through my feet as I try to stand up on them. I fall back down onto my bed and my feet throb. They're bright red and swollen. I can feel an infection coming. I have to get out of here and to a doctor, or they might have to be amputated. I turn them around to see them embedded with multiple pieces of wood and tiny pebbles. The sight makes me want to throw up.

I look around for something to get the splinters out and I take note of my room. I would call it small but it's about the same size as my single-dorm room, so nothing too different. Though, my bed is smaller and there is another bed right above mine. The beds are barely twin sized and mine is layered with a torn up mattress. I look around to see that the room is all concrete, just like where I was held captive. Am I being sold again? Who does the other bed belong to?

My head spins and I quickly lie back down to avoid collapsing. I open my eyes to see the barred window, right beside my bed. I get up to look out of it. This truly feels like a prison. It is nighttime and I cannot see anything but darkness.

"You're awake!" I am startled by the voice of a woman around my age. She smiles and presents me with a slice of bread. I grow wary of her. Who is she? I uncomfortably shift back.

"Who are you?" I question, suddenly grabbing onto her forearms, unintentionally smacking then. She accidentally drops the bread onto the mattress beside me.

"Ow, what the hell. You are not getting that bread anymore!" she exclaims angrily. She pulls her arms out of my grip and lightly smacks me in the forehead. "This is what happens when you try to be nice to people," she mutters. "I'm Julia," she states as she plops down on my bed besides me before taking a bite of the bread. How long has she been here? It doesn't matter, I have to warn her about Landon.

"That man... that man is not human," I muster in a hushed voice, fearing he's right outside the door.

"What man? They're all not human," she simply states as if that was a completely normal thing to say. Who's they?

"Landon," I tell her, confused by what she just said.

"That's Alpha Landon to you," she pokes me in the shoulder. This woman is too physical. "Don't ever call a wolf without their title or they might just kill you," she warns. What does she mean by wolf? Did she mean the beast I witnessed transform into a human?

"What do you mean by wolf?" I plead for more answers.

"Oh yeah... you really don't know anything, do you? Okay so we're in a pack of shifters. Shifters are basically werewolves and we're the weak humans so we are at the bottom of the food chain. That's all you need to know." Shifters... I had heard that term before from the man who had sold me. He said that they were werewolves.

"Why am I here?" I inquire.

"You're a human slave. I'm guessing Alpha Landon bought you for the pack," she gathers rubbing her chin. "You better watch out for the female wolves though. The male wolves are enamored by you. I heard you shot Alpha Landon and tried to run away, twice."