Preyed

I sit in Landon's office, staring blankly in the mahogany table in front of me. My hands are clammy and my heart is pounding in my ears. That wolf is definitely dead. I'm drenched in his blood. I had stabbed the knife in his back and dragged it across his insides. Landon's gunshot was nothing compared to how bad Colin bled. I close my eyes and listen to the sound of Collin's blood drip onto the floor beneath me. Thankfully, Landon had given me a towel to cover myself since my shirt had been ripped open.

What will happen to me? That wolf had acted like it was the end of the world when I bumped into Landon. Everyone already hates me for shooting him, although Landon doesn't even have a bruise on him. What will they do to me for shooting their second beta? I'm definitely getting executed, or worse, punished.

I can feel Landon's eyes on me every now and then as he works on his monitor, although I keep mine staring straight down. We've been sitting like this for what feels like forever. I do not know what is going on but I am too scared to ask. I feel like any move from me will worsen the situation that I have already gotten myself into. I get nervous as I hear footsteps approach from behind me.

"Alpha Landon," a voice speaks from behind me. I jerk around to see Colin standing by the door, without a single scratch on his body. What the hell! I thought I stabbed him, and here he was, breathing completely fine! God, these men were invincible! He notices me staring at him and his lips curl upwards, but he tries not to smile. I quickly turn around to face Landon, tugging my towel closer to me. My pinky stings in the process. My heart races in the fear of being near Colin. I rather get executed than see what he has in store for me. "Sorry that I took so long, second alpha. I had to clean up," Colin continues. "I didn't want to be disrespectful by appearing covered in blood."

Landon nods at his explanation, before he opens he moves his mouth to speak. "Why is she covered in your blood?" he asks Colin.

"Oh, I was playing with the little bitch before she stabbed me and ran away," Colin responds. Playing? He was going to rape me.

"You know that I bought her for Killian. She is not yours to be played with," Landon responds in an annoyed tone. "He doesn't like used toys. You can have her all you want after he is done with her." I scrunch my face in disgust. How dare he call me a toy? What kind of ruler is he if he doesn't even protect members of the pack? I know that I'm a slave, but I'm still a part of the pack.

Before I can speak, Colin responds. "I wasn't going to touch her, I just wanted some fun," he defends. He literally did touch me. Landon can't be that dumb. Surely he can understand that Colin was going to rape me.

"Her shirt is ripped open and her hand is bleeding," Landon snarls. "You did touch her and now she's damaged. No more going near her. Understand?" I hate Landon for the way he speaks about me as if I am some object.

"I understand," Colin drops his head.

"You're dismissed." With that, Colin bows his head and leaves.

I want to argue with Landon for how he objectified me and didn't punish Colin for almost raping me. But at the same time, I don't want to get myself in trouble for stabbing a wolf. I still had a feeling that he didn't forgive me for shooting him. He stares at me and notices that I'm not averting my gaze, like I did when he came to bought me. This time, I stand my ground. I have so much to say to him but channel it through a hateful glare. He continues to stare at me for a while before he chuckles. I feel as if he can sense my rage and finds it amusing.

"Leander!" he calls, and the same wolf who rebuked me for bumping into Landon earlier, emerges from behind the door. "Take her to Hershey, for her hand." Leander bows and I wrap the towel around me. We start walking. Leander does not slow down for me as he drags me by the arm behind him. I have to sprint just to catch up to his pace. Suddenly, I am glad that I can't feel my feet anymore.