Whipped - Part 2

I feel enveloped by softness. My head feels like it is floating on a silk cloud. Am I in heaven? I open my eyes to see a huge, dazzling chandelier up top. I lie wrapped in velvet sheets on top of a king-sized satin bed. Disappointment hits me as I realize that I'm still live, along with confusion to as why I am not being whipped anymore. Did I sleep through my week-long punishment? Sounds like me. No, they wanted me to be awake during it. That's why they threw freezing cold water to wake me up when I dozed off. More confusion hits me as I am unable to recall the events that led me to sleeping in this bed.

Suddenly, the strong smell of oakmoss, Indian Cestrum and a hint of white rum hits me. A man's face comes into view. God, he's handsome. I shake the thought out of my head. No, Bree! He's a sadistic piece of trash who views you as a sex object. They all are! Still, I can't help but feel pleasure as he comes towards me. He's big! He's bigger than even Landon or any other shifter I've seen in this pack. Who is he?

"How are you feeling?" he asks me before resting his hand on my cheek. I can't help but flinch. He notices this and frowns. However, his touch soothes me and I feel nothing but comfort. I recognize his voice as the man who told my whipper to stop. I suddenly realize that this is Alpha Killian, the real leader of this pack. Scarlet called out his name when I was passing out.

Scarlet, his favorite. For no reason, a rush of anger of anger surges through me. How dare he have a favorite? Somehow, he is able to sense this anger and he removes his hand from my cheek. Confusion swirls in my head. I get even more confused as I'm unsure as to why I'm feeling confused. Killian stares at me with furrowed eyebrows. Wait, am I feeling his confusion? My head hurts. I try to get up but immense pain travels throughout my body and I can't help but whimper.

"Easy!" he grumbles. "You are not allowed to get up! You will be on bed rest until you get better, no matter how long it takes," he orders. Is he a doctor? That makes no sense, why would an alpha be a doctor? Even I'm not that ignorant. An alpha would focus on managing the pack and since they were all wolves, he'd specialize in fighting to protect the pack. Unless he is capable of doing everything for the pack and born every talent possible.

Somehow, he is able to notice the questions swirling in his head. "You may ask any questions you have," he tells me with a sincere tone as he strokes my hair. For some reason, his touch sends tingles across my body. More confusion hits me as well as a surge of panic. Why's he being so nice to me? I remember what Julia, Teresa, and Landon had said. I'm his new fuck toy. Tears stream down my face and I can't help the sobs that escape. I feel more of his emotions. He's confused, worried, and angry. I get frightened. Why's he angry? What's he going to do? I begin to sob harder.

He notices me sensing his anger and manages to subdue it. "Don't be scared," he reassures me. "I won't hurt you." Ha! I had heard that before. Kiba told me that before he ratted me out to Landon. Sure, he defended me for a bit but at the end, he was loyal to Landon. Wait, Killian has the ultimate rank. He's the alpha, he reports to no one. Maybe I can trust him....

"Am I still going to get punished?" I ask terrified. I know I said I was fine with dying but a less painful death would be much better. I feel him get angry again before he seemingly remembers that I'm in front of him, and it fades. Why am I feeling his emotions? Can everyone feel the alpha's emotions? That seems like a bad characteristic to have when you are getting attacked. Or am I feeling them because I am part of the pack?

"No," he curtly responds. "You are no longer a slave anymore." Now, genuine confusion swirls in my head. Then, what am I? I mean I know that I'm his new fuck toy but that wouldn't make me lose the slave title, would it? Julia was Colin's favorite and she was still a slave who was being roughed up like a punching bag. He, again, is able to sense my confusion and continues. "You are my mate." Huh, am I a special fuck toy?