Chapter 10

All the Bakers are in there canoe and so are the Murtaughs

I go and check on Nora one more time before we leave

" Are you sure you are ok" I asked quietly

"Yes y/n I am fine and if anything goes wrong we will call you over. She said reassuring me.

"Okay." I said getting up and putting on my blue and black life jacket Over my blue high waisted two piece bathing suit and slipped a pair of Nike shorts on over it.

I turn around to see Jake look at me I ran over gave him a kiss on the cheek hoping no one noticed and got into my kayak Laughing.

"Okay on your mark."

"Mur-taugh!"

What the hell are those weirdos doing now I thought to myself

"Get set."

"Mur-taugh!"

The starting gun goes off and some poof old guy in a wheel chair falls into the water.

I paddle up beside the two canoe and make sure nothing bad happens.

The Murtaghs won't stop yelling stroke to the point I thought one of them was actually having one

Fand I am worried about Nora so I stay closer to the Bakers.

I go up to the Murtaughs when I see Nora stop rowing.

I slow down and hear Bud yell "I think we are take on water."

Then Nora said something I couldn't hear and Bud starts screaming like a little girl

"OH MY GOD NORAS WATER JUST BROKE!!"

I heard I turn around and paddle towards the Baker boat.

Hearing all of them screaming while Tom stands on the back of the canoe waving his paddle at Jimmy.

But the jerk keeps going is this competition that important to him.

"Ok calm down we will get to the shore." I said as I got to the sides hold of the boat.

"If we Cut through the wood here the roads not that far." I said

"Can you get us there?" Mr . Baker asked.

"In the water yes on land no." I said turning to Mark"

Can you get us there? Mr. Baker asked the same question to his son

Hello! Nature boy remember? let's go.

I guide the way in the water to shore and Mark looks for a way to the road while I help everyone out of the canoe.

"Jake help me tie the canoe and Kayak to this rock." I yell.

We tied the boat to the rocks and throw all the lifejackets inside.I took off my life jacket and though it in the canoe when I saw a bunch of Murtaughs swimming this way

After some time

We ran and made it inside the hospital and Mrs. Baker starts talking to the man at the desk.

"Hi I have a daughter who's about to deliver any second' I need you to get her in right now. I don't want her to feel and pain I don't care if she doesn't remember a thing and I want the baby to be healthy you got it? get it? Good."
Mrs. Baker said in one breath

"If I could get you to fill out this...."

"I don't think so." Mrs Baker said throwing the packer he just gave her

"I wouldn't mess with her if I was you, okay?"Lorraine said

"Yeah,what she said."Sarah and I said at the same time

The Nora started to yell I turn to see he practically clawing the life out of Charles shoulder and ripping Buds hair out of his head.

"Oh, wow! Shh!!!
She is having a baby!" Bud yells at the man through gritted teeth

The nurse starts yelling for us to stay calm which isn't helping so he yells for back up for Nora

"Get me in a wheelchair!!" Nora yells looking like she is going to kill someone. And right now it is looking like that someone is going to be Bud.

Nora is finally in a wheelchair and we running through the double doors to where she needs to be.

Until we are all pushed out

Only family please one of the nurses say ok so the whole Baker family walked forwards.

"What hold on your all family"

"yeah" they all yell

"Help me out here" the nurse said looking like he doesn't get paid enough for this.

"I'm her mother so.." Mrs. baker said and walked towards Nora

"Ok ever one to the waiting room" Tom said directing us away.

"Actually Tom we would like Lorraine there we want you to be the godmother" Bud said

"Really!!"Lorraine said walking up and hugging Bud

"Really so great now having a baby here" Nora said clearly not in the mood.

We all went to go sit down and wait.

I got up to go to the water fountain when I felt someone looking at me I look around the room and see Jake was looking at me.

I walked over to him and sat next to him on the ground.

Leaning my head on his shoulder as he places his head on top of mine.

We both sit in a comfortable silence until we both fall asleep.

Sarah's POV

I was talking with Eliot when I saw y/n and Jake sleeping next to each other.

"Eliot" I said poking him in the arm

"Yeah"he said looking down at me

"Look at y/n and Jake I said pointing at them. They look so peaceful and happy."

"Yeah they alway seem a lot happier when they are around each other." He said Looking at the couple.

I lean my head on his shoulder and we continue talking. 

Until Bud comes out and asks my dad if he wants to meet his grandson.

I kick y/n and Jake to wake them up and y/n said

"How come every time I fall asleep around y'all's family I am always getting punched or kicked."

Making me Jake and Eliot laugh.

We all walk into to hospital room to meet the newest member of are chaotic family.

Word count 1012