Chapter 13

Opals POV

Everyone is finally here and settled except for Henry but he won't be here until tomorrow.

Then there was a knock at the door

I'll get it Nigel or Kyle said I am still having a hard time telling them apart.

But one of them open it and a tall tan boy walks in.

"Sarah, Y/n, Jake!!!!"

"Eliot's here!!!"

And out of no where all three ran straight towards the boy which I have just learned name is Eliot.

Poor kid was practically tackled by them and then Jake and y/n walked away so Eliot and Sarah could be together.

Sarah and the Eliot kiss and then walk over to the group.

"Hi Bakers" Eliot said smiling at the group.

"Hi sweetie glade to see you do you want to stay for dinner and s'mores." Mrs Baker said.

"Sure if that is ok." he replied

"Of course make your self comfortable." She replied walking back to the kitchen.

Then Sarah properly introduced me and Eliot.

"Eliot this is Opal she's Charlie's fiancé"

"Opal this is Eliot he is my boyfriend"

Dinner is ready so everyone headed out side which confused me at first but then I saw the big table that was out here and it made more sense

everyone got there food and Mrs Baker started throwing dinner rolls to everyone around the table.

This is a whole lot different than being an only child hopefully I will fit in around here.

The next day

Some of the guys went into town this morning including Charlie so I sat and chatted with y/n.

"So when are you and Charlie getting married."

"Oh in September " I said

"That's so exciting a fall wedding."she said grabbing my hand

"You know what we should make cookies."

She said dragging me to the kitchen it is clear she can be mature when she wants to be but she still very childish which I find funny.

Y/n POV

"So tell me how do y'all  do it?" She asked

I look at here a little funny "what do you mean?"

"I mean you and Eliot how do you not get so overwhelmed with all of the people here." She asked me 

"Well of course it takes time to get use to but Eliot's one of eights so he is pretty use to it."

"I grew up an only child but  I hung out with both of the family's a lot when I was younger."

"You just got to enjoy and have fun because if your not having fun someone will notice."

"Then they will make you talk about your emotions and that gets boring really quickly ."

" trust me I know" I told here as I started putting cookie dough on the pan

"But if worst comes to worse just give them cookies and they'll love you forever."

"And that works on everyone no matter what age."

I said putting them in the oven.

Jake's POV

Ok Me, Eliot, Mark, Mike, and Charlie are all at Costco (because they have everything)getting stuff for the cook out tonight.

But we are also getting a promise ring for Y/n let's hope this goes well

"Why didn't we bring a girl with us." Mike asked as we all just stood in front of the box of rings because none of us know what is good.

We had practically given up when Mark saw one that was in the back.

It was perfect exactly what I was thinking about getting for her I really hope she likes it. 

We buy everything including the ring and head back home.  And it was going to happen I am giving her this ring tonight.

once we got home I ran and put the ring in my room underneath my pillow to make sure she wouldn't see it.

Said hey to Henry who got here while we were at Costco.

I went out side and we all went swimming while dad made BBQ. 

Time skips

Everyone is eating dinner and having a good time talking when I whisper to y/n  "I have a surprise for you meet where we had are first kiss."

"Okay" she said smiling.

We finish eating dinner and everyone just starts  going their separate ways

Mark is staying over at Kenny Murtaughs tonight  and everyone is listening in the living room about what Henry was doing before he got here.

I ran to the guys room and grabbed the ring out from under my pillow. And made my way over to are spot.

Y/n's POV

I was at are spot waiting for Jake to get there looking out over the water

I wonder what the surprise is

It wasn't dark yet  because the sun was setting but the sky was A bunch of different colors like orange, purple, and pink.

That's when I heard Jake walk over he sat down next to me and I smiled at him.

Resting my head on his shoulder we sit for a minute in peace before Jake

Says " I have something for you."

"What? You got me something why" I ask looking at him.

"It isn't  my birthday or Christmas or are anniversary." I said confused.

"I got you something because I love you and I don't need a holiday to give you something."he said

"Okay, now close your eyes."

"Why are you actually going to murder me this time." I said still looking at him

"Oh shut up and just close your eyes." He said chuckling at my joke.

"Ok open" he told me I slowly open my eyes and see a box with a beautiful ring in it.

"It is so beautiful" I said covering my mouth

"Now this isn't a wedding ring but it is a promise ring and I promise ill get you a wedding ring to go with this one some day." He said looking at me.

"I love you so much Jake."I said before kissing him. Once we break away to take a breath he slips the ring on my finger and we get up and walk back to the house.

Word count 1049

I think I am done with this story, but if you want me to continue I will tho.

Put suggestions for little continuations right here if you want them.