Dogsitting

"Hey lila im home!" Kate yelled

"Ooh finally! Hey lucky your moms home!" Lila said in a cute voice as she rubbed luckys head.

"How was he today?" Kate asked.

"Great! As always" Lila said smiling.
"Hey kate i uhh.... need to talk to you".

"Sure whats up? Kate said, fiddling with some papers on the table.

"I dont think i'll he able to dogsit anymore, ya know with school, and my dad being retired i just dont think i'll have time, dont get me wrong! I looooove lucky but... i just wont be able to look after him anymore.... is that ok?" Lila explained, hoping kate doesn't get mad.

"*sigh* uhh well i understand, i know you have school but.... whos gonna look after lucky while im gone?" Kate asked.

"Oh! Uhh i met this guy when i was walking lucky earlier, he said he used to dogsit for people so i asked him for his number so you could call him! Maybe hire him?" Lila explained.

"That costs money" kate said pouting
"Alright sure i'll call him".

"Yes!" Lila said jumping up and down with glee.
"Ok well im gonna have to go now, im running late for dinner".

Lila ran out of the door as fast as she could.

Kate rolled her eyes and put the slip of paper with the number on it on the table and headed to bed.

_________________________________________

As kate awoke the next moring she slipped out of bed in her pajamas and went to brush her teeth, she heard her phone ringing and groggily went to answer it.

Kate: "Hello?"

Lila: "Hey kate! You call him yet?" Lila asked

Kate: "No, i just woke up"

Lila: "Really? Its noon"

"Wha- no its not its-" kate looked over at her clock and her eyes went wide.
"HOLY SHIT ITS NOON"
"UHH I'LL TALK TO YOU LATER"

Kate quickly got dressed, grabbed the number, her phone and her keys and rushed out the door.

Phone rings

Kate: "Hey clint"

Clint: "Where are you?! We've been waiting for you for 45 minutes!"

Kate: "Yeah i know i know my alarm didnt go off"

Clint: "Yeah, heard that excuse before"

Kate: "I'll be there in 10 minutes" kate said before hanging up

Time skip

Kate walks into the meeting room.

"Great, now we can start" Jameson says

Kate sits next to clint and whispers.

Kate: "Who is this guy again?"

Clint: "Thats J. Jonah Jameson, hes the head of the daily bugle, very big deal, and you, made him wait. Jameson hates waiting."

"Are we going to pay attention? Or just chit-chat the entire time?" Jameson says smugly.

Clint looks back and Jameson keeps presenting.

Time skip

"So! Any questions?" Jameson asks.

Kate: "Uhh yeah so i-"

Jameson: "No? No questions?"

Kate: "Yeah no i had o-"

Jameson: "Alright looks like we can wrap it up!"

Kate looks down, annoyed and gets up to leave.

"Hey kate!" Clint shouts, gesturing kate to come to him.

Kate: "Yeah?"

"Hey i know Lila quit on you, have you found anyone else to take care of the dog?" Clint asked.

Kate: "Uhh yeah Lila said she met someone who could do it, im gonna call here in a bit"

Clint: "Good"

Time skip

Phone rings

Man: "hello?"

Kate: "hi! Uhh my friend said she met you yesterday and said you could dogsit for me?"

Man: "oh! Your kate right?"

Kate: "yep! Thats me! And you are?"

Jake: "my names jake! And yeah i'll be happy to dogsit"

Kate: "ok cool! Listen i dont know if your busy at the moment but i'd really like to meet you in person."

Jake: "oh ok yeah that'd be great, how bout the coffee shop near the park?"

Kate: "sure! See you in a minute"

Time skip

Kate comes to the coffee shop and starts looking around.

She feels a tap on her shoulder.

"Hey are you kate?" Jake asks

"Uhh- yep! Nice to meet you!" She says as she shakes jakes hand.
"So you are... gonna dogsit for me... thats great!" Kate says awkwardly.

Jake: "Yeah... are you ok?"

"Yeah yeah i- i uhh... im just nervous... around new people" kate says, looking down at her feet.

Jake:
"Haha thats fine, so when do you need me to dogsit?"

"Uhh i dont know probably monday- question. Will you be able to work monday through friday so... 5 days a week?" Kate asks.
"I will pay you extra if you ever have to"

"Uhhh... sure i mean i dont really have anything else to do" jake says awkwardly.

Kate: "Perfect, i will see you monday!"

They shake hands and everything goes perfectly.

_________________________________________

One year later

"Hey jake im home!" Kate yelled.

"Ooh finally! Come on lucky" jake said as he gestured for lucky to follow him.

"Hey buddy" kate said in a high voice as she rubbed luckys head.

"Alright well i best be on my way! I will see you next week kate." Jake said smiling.

As jake walks towards the door kate bites her lip.

Kate: "Ok uhh jake!"

Jake: "Yeah?"

"Ya know you've been dogsitting for me for like a year now... yet we've never hung out... why is that?" Kate asked

"Well the only time we actually interact is at the end of the day when you pay me... then i leave" jake explains

Kate: "Hmm.... well do you... wanna hang out sometime? Uhh.... oh! I can take you to the archery range, you down?"

Jake: "Never been, uhh sure i guess that sounds fun."

Kate: "Awesome! Mmmaybe sunday? That good?"

"Sure! I'll see you then" jake says as he awkwardly exits the apartment.

"Alright... lucky? Wanna watch a movie? Huh? Yeah lets watch a movie" kate says in a high pitched voice.

As soon as kate put a movie on she heard something outside, she looked out of the window to see jake getting mugged.

"Oh shit" she said to herself.
"LUCKY GRAB MY BOW AND ARROW!"

_________________________________________

Author: hi! This is my first time writing a story like this, so bare with me, also sorry for my grammar and spelling mistakes, i- im just dumb😂