Secrets

A few hours had passed after cooper took lila and left, kate still unconscious, clint and laura b. Still trying to process the situation, with robert consoling them, laura went to explain to nathaniel and jake keeping an eye on kate.

Laura came back and sat next to jake.

"You ok jake?" Laura asked.

"Im fine" jake said with tears in his eyes.
"I- i tried to tell them... n- now i broke their hearts"

"Its not your fault jake" laura explained.

"Yes! Yes it is!" Jake exclaimed, his voice breaking.
"I purposely chose NOT to tell him until it was too late"

Kate started to wake up, jake took notice and sat next to kate while laura went to comfort clint and laura b.

"Hey you awake? What happened?" Jake asked.

"*groan* wh- wheres cooper? Wheres lila?" Kate asked.

"Cooper took lila.... we dont know where they are" jake explained.

Jake explained everything to kate and they both went back into the living room.

"I know its not the best time but.... we need to find cooper" jake said.

"Is there any place he goes to a lot? Somewhere private?" Robert asked.

"I know a place" nathaniel chimed.

They all looked over to see nathaniel standing in the kitchen, still in his pajamas.

"Hey nate what are you doing up bud?" Laura b. Asked.

"I couldnt sleep and i heard you talking.... but i know a place cooper could be" nathaniel said.

"Where?" Clint asked.

"Well one day i was being picked on in school and and-" nathaniel started.
"And cooper took me to a field of grass near the shop to calm me down" nathaniel explained.

"I think i might know where that is" kate said.

"Alright, me and kate will go find cooper, the rest of you sit tight" clint said.

"Let me go with ya" robert said.
"Just incase you need supplies"

Kate and clint both nodded and left the house.

They arrived at the field of grass and started looking around, it was dark and raining so they couldnt see much.

"SEE ANYTHING?" robert yelled.

"NO NOT YET!" kate replied.

Clint stopped as he saw lila, unconscious and propped up against the fence that lined the field of grass, he called out to the others and ran over to her.

"If lilas here... wheres cooper?" Kate asked.

"LOOK OUT!" robert screamed as he saw cooper run up behind kate and tackle her to the ground.

Kate slipped in the mud as she tried to get up, cooper got up and aimed an arrow at robert, robert grabbed something from his belt but before he got to do anything, kate grabbed coopers feet and dragged him down.

Cooper punched kate in the face and slipped as he tried to get up again, robert ran over to them as fast as he could and grabbed cooper by the shoulders, cooper twisted and grabbed robert by the neck, just as he was about to throw a punch an arrow landed in his ankle, making him fall to the ground.

Cooper looked back to see clint holding his bow, he pulled the arrow out quickly and stabbed robert in the ankle as well.

"NO!" Kate yelled out as she got up to help robert.

Cooper stood up as well and punched kate in the face, she stumbled backwards as cooper jumped over robert and grabbed kate by the neck and held her in front of him.

"GO AHEAD DAD! SHOOT YOUR SHOT!" cooper yelled.

Kate looked at clint with despair.

"Do it clint... you have to" kate said.

Clint shook his head as cooper started backing up, but he didnt get far as robert placed a gadget on cooper ankle, sending shockwaves through his entire body, this allowed kate to break free and help robert up.

As the gadget fell off cooper grabbed a pocket knife and threw it at kate and robert, clint let an arrow fly and it collided with the knife, stopping it in its tracks.

Kate set robert down next to lila and faced cooper again, cooper pulled out his sword and taunted her.

Robert gave kate another gadget.
"Only use this if ABSOLUTELTY nesscessary" he said.

Kate nodded and went back over to cooper, clint lining up his next shot.

Cooper swung his sword at kate, she dodged and grabbed his hand, she twisted it and threw him over her head.

"RUN!" kate said to the others.

Robert mustered enough strength to get up, clint took lila and helped robert get out of there.

Cooper and kate fought some more as robert, clint and lila went back to the bartons house.

"Here, take care of robert and lila, ive got to go help kate!" Clint said as he ran back to the field.

Jakes POV

Jake paced back and forth while biting the tip of his finger, eventually the others took notice.

"Whats wrong jakey?" Laura asked.

"I- what do you mean 'whats wrong'?! My best friend is fighting a MURDERER" jake exclaimed.
"And- and i did this to clint, i didnt tell him... about cooper when i was supposed to and and and i- i just i-... i feel guilty!"

"You have nothing to feel guilty about" laura b. Chimed.
"I understand you not wanting to tell us"

"I- im just worried about kate..." jake said.
"I dont want her to get hurt i- shes my bestfriend! And i- i- i.... love her"

They all consoled jake as they heard a knock on the door, it was clint, carrying lila and helping robert to walk.

Kates POV

Cooper punched kate in the stoumach and stomped on her foot, they both couldnt do much anymore out of exhaustion.

Kate punched cooper in the face once more and slapped him with her bow.

Clint ran as fast as he could but was stopped by someone in a black suit and hood.

"Stop... ive been watching her fight, dont interfere or she'll lose" the person said, clint stopped as this mysterious person removed their hood.

Cooper and kate threw a few more punched before they both realized they couldnt fight anymore.

"Your not going to win cooper" kate said.

"...... ive already won" cooper said panting.

Cooper pressed a button on his sword and smiled.

Kate heard a loud boom in the distance.
"What does that button do?!"

_________________________________________

Author: heres chapter 9! Also excuse my grammar/spelling im just dumb😂