Upgrades

"Wait... what? Y- your parents house?... who are your parents?" Kate asked.

"I'll tell you in the morning, all you need to know is that they can help, now get some rest" jake explained.

They both went to sleep, kate in her bed and jake on the couch, jake woke her up very early and gave her some coffee.

"*groans* why are you waking me up at the witching hour?" Kate asked groggily.

"Told you, first thing this morning, now drink this and get dressed... im only trying to help kate". Jake explained.

Kate drank her coffee and got dressed, her, jake and lucky got in jakes car and started driving.

"So who are your parents?" Kate asked.

"The greatest engineers in the world, besides tony stark" jake says.

Kate: "Why didnt you tell me?"

Jake: "i didnt think it was that big of a deal"
"Hey do me a favor and call em' on my phone, should be on speed dial"

Kate: "Ok"

Kate calls them and they pick up.

"Hello?" Jakes mom says.

Jake: "Hey ma"

Jakes mom: "Oh hi jakey what seems to be the pleasure?"

Jake:"Ma i'd like you to meet my friend kate"

Kate: "hi"

Jake: "you see kate has a little bit of a problem and needs you and dads help"

Laura: "Well hi kate, im laura, what seems to be the problem dear?"

Kate stays silent waiting for jake to answer but he doesnt.

"Oh? Yo- me- ok uhh well... i am... hawkeye... and theres a murderer after me... jake says i need some new weapons" kate explains.

"Ok, get here as soon as you can" laura says before hanging up.

Jake keeps on driving until they reach his parents house.

"Hello jakey is this kate? Come here" laura says pulling kate in for a hug.

"Wow, for weapon manufacturers you sure are very nice" kate says with a smile.

"Oh i dont MAKE the weapons i just design them, jakes father makes the weapons" laura explained.

"Oh well where is he?" Kate asked.

Laura: "Hes just in the back getting some materials together"

"Hey ma do you mind if we stay here for a few days? Its kind of a long drive and you know, it takes a while to make weapons" jake asked.

"Oh of course! Your welcome here anytime dear, and so are you kate" laura said.

Kate pulled jake aside.

Kate: "Why didnt you tell me we were staying here? I didnt bring any clothes or any food for lucky"

"Oh dont worry dear" laura chimes in "we have plenty of clothes for guests, and plenty of dog food, we have our own little dog here"

Kate, jake and lucky got settled in, lucky got aquainted with the other dog and went out to play.

"Robert! We have guests here!" Laura shouted.

Jakes dad robert came through the backdoor to greet kate and jake.

"Hey jakey! And whos this?" Robert said, gesturing to kate.