Karl, no more reading!

Karl may had been reading too much tales. It was a habit of his since he was a little kid. Reading and reading, and then getting scared. He just never realized that some of them would be real.

----------

When Karl first met the little bossman who had a medium sized empire, he didn't have anyone. He didn't have anyone to love. Heck, he still lived close to his mother. "Hello, Karl, isn't it?" The boss, Tubbo, held out his hand to shake. Karl looked at it, before shaking it quickly. "Yea, yep, that's me, uhm.." He looked around, was this a prank? "Why are you looking for me?" Tubbo smiled. "I'm glad you brought it up. I've read some of your articles online, about vampires and such. Can I be honest for a second?" Karl nodded. "They are- Karl, they're absolutely amazing! I love how you word things, but still make it easy for the reader to understand!" Tubbo had a huge smile on his face, and Karl had to pinch himself to make sure he wasn't dreaming. "And..and why are you here, again? And thank you." Tubbo coughed. "..Right, right. I wanted to ask if you wanted to work for me? You would create articles, and stuff like that. You could even live at my headquarters." Karl widened his eyes, he was sure they would bulge out of his head. "..Yes, oh my honk, yes! Yes, I'll do that!"

----------

He met Sapnap and Quackity there. They clicked, immediately becoming a couple. Everything, everything was working out.

You could call him Tubbo's right hand man. Until..Tommy came.

Look, he liked Tommy. He cared about him, so so much! Until, until Tubbo made him the right hand man.

Karl had worked his whole life to be Tubbo's right hand man, he did all of the articles that made Tubbo Inc. so big! And what..what is this blondie doing thinking he can take over his job?!

He was furious, so so furious. Tubbo noticed this, so it wasn't a surprise when he called him in for a meeting.

"Hello Karl, I just wanted to chat about a few things." Karl, hesitant, sat down in the old chair facing the desk where Tubbo sat, a weird look etched on his face.

"I've noticed you haven't taken a liking to Tommy, and while people are allowed to have their own opinions, I simply just want to know why.."

Karl swallowed. "Well, sir, with all due respect, I've worked so hard to make this company the way it is today. It's so big, and it's because of the things I've published, but now you're handing over that job to this, this reckless boy who can't even write a short story?!" Karl stood up. "It's unfair, sir."

Tubbo had a surprised look on his face, as he also stood up. "..If you're not okay with Tommy being my..my right hand man, then I believe the door is just 2 floors down." Karl opened his mouth to speak, but Tubbo spoke before he could.

"Karl, I'm sorry to say this, but you're fired." Karl felt tears fill his eyes. "..Alright, Tubbo." He walked out of the office, not noticing the tears coming down the brunettes face.

------

When he saw Tubbo and Tommy walking through the snow to his house at 3 am at night, he couldn't believe his eyes.

He opened the door for them, Tubbo having a tear stained face and Tommy having a far away look, as if he was daydreaming.

"Karl, I need your help." Karl sighed. "And why should I help, Tubbo? Don't you remember what happened?" Tubbo set Tommy down on the couch, sighing again.

"Listen, Karl, I can't..let's just let this be a one time thing. I'm a father. I can't..oh god, I'm.." Karl wasted no time throwing his arms around Tubbo's frail, yet strong, body. "..I'll help. One time. Explain what happened."

---------

Karl knows Tubbo is strong. He will always know this. Tommy is strong too. Never as strong as Karl. As anyone. They are a power duo.

He doesn't have a full grip on Ranboo, but he knows Tubbo and Tommy care about him, especially Tubbo.

Micheal is very cute, a little angel.

Karl looked back at his house, sighing, before walking out into the snow falling onto the ground. The trees covering up the moon. He knows Sapnap and Quackity will hate him for this, but he has to.

He cannot let harm come to any of those kids again.