Chapter 3

Spamton squinted at first as he stepped into the Color Cafe, pink and orange lights shining down on him as he entered. Everything was tinted in this soft peach color, calming Spamton's shot nerves. He smiles, looking around in search of his friends. His gaze shifted over swatchlings, other patrons, and the beautiful flowery decorations that seemed to adorn every table and blank space. It was elegant and luxurious, like a five star hotel. He could see himself coming here many more times, and he hoped he would. A lilac hand waving at him in the distance caught his eye, and he grinned as he spotted his new colleagues sitting at a round table. The pale Addison eagerly jogged over to his friends, immediately greeted by them as he walked up.

"Hey! Glad you finally made it!" Lyle chimed happily, a beaming grin lighting his expression. Spamton smiles at him and Rose, hopping up to the chair between them and settling in. He tried not to make a fuss about how tall the table was compared to him, coming up to his chest. The yellow Addison sitting across from him chuckled as Spamton adjusted himself; so that he was sitting on his knees for a bit of extra height.

"Seems our new colleague is a short stack." The yellow Addison snickered, playfully nudging his orange hued friend. The orange Addison frowns sternly, nudging the other back much harder, making him wince. Spamton blinked, clasping his hands together and setting them on the table neatly. He glanced over at the blue Addison, noting that they seemed pensive. Hm, maybe he's having a bad day.

"I might be small, but I'm gonna make it big. Just you wait, the name Spamton G. Spamton is going to be everywhere before you know it!" Spamton replied in an upbeat tone, tugging at the cuffs of his sleeves vainly to make sure they looked nice. The yellow Addison snickered again, earning another sharp nudge from the orange Addison. The pale Addison chuckles, shaking his head. "I know Lyle and Rose, what are your names?" Spamton asks, making all three of them perk up.

"My name is Ranger. And giggles over here is Topaz." The orange Addison nudged Topaz, making him start giggling again. The blue Addison rolled his eyes at the others. He seemed like the only one who didn't really want to be here. Spamton hums, shifting his attention back to the yellow Addison as he piped up.

"You can call me Paz if you like! Topaz takes waaaay too long to say. A name like Spamton is a mouthful, but saying it again? Spamton G. Spamton is only gonna hit if you're already big. In my opinion." Paz ran his mouth, not bothering to censor himself. Spamton hums, watching as Ranger fought the temptation to hit him again. He decided to ignore the spaz's comment.

"And what about you? You've been awfully quiet." The salesman mutters, watching the blue Addison look up at him slowly. Rose and Lyle hummed softly, seeing that it was one of those days for their friend.

"Ah, he'll come around. He gets a little gloomy on slow business days like this. His name is Indy." Rose explains, gesturing to their quiet colleague. Spamton makes a face of realization, nodding subtly as he drummed his fingers against the table. Makes sense. I probably wouldn't be too happy either if things were going slow.

"Well, I'm very excited to work beside you all! I'm glad we could all get together for dinner." Spamton grins, the beaming smile brightening up his expression. Lyle and the others couldn't help but grin back at him, even Indy was powerless against his optimism, letting a tiny smirk show.

"We'll get along, I'm sure." Indy said softly, resting his chin on his palm as he leaned over the table a little. The pale Addison nods, once again glancing between his new colleagues. It felt nice, having these new people around him. They were the first people he had formally met, after all. He was about to start off a conversation when a tall black figure came into view, sporting a bird-like appearance, with a terrifically sharp vest and pink tie, orange and yellow glasses tying the look together. Spamton's train of thought left the station as the figure spoke.