Chapter 5

Spamton laughs, walking with Indy back to Addison Alley, where the others had their shops. The little salesman was looking forward to getting his own place here, though he wasn't really sure if a small storefront was the place for him. I need to reach as many people as I can! I'll never know who has a big deal to cut unless I go for it!

"No, I'm not going to stoop to wearing heels! I mean- I don't doubt I'd look good in them, I'm more worried about falling. But that's beside the point, I'm happy with my height." Spamton explains, tucking his hands into his pockets. Indy hums, nodding in agreement.

"Ah, I guess you're right. They're not easy to walk in. Of course, there is something you could put into you shoes to add height. Like an insole." The blue Addison suggests. Spamton rolls his eyes, playfully smacking his friend's arm with the back of his hand.

"Pff. Enough about that. Why don't you tell me about advertising, eh? I know I can make calls, I know I can take deals, and I know I can just put up my product and wait— is there anything else?" Spamton asks, glancing over at his friend. Indy hums, thinking for a moment. While he was waiting, the pale Addison couldn't help but look around at the metallic scenery, everything glistening with blue and neon lights.

"You can do all that, and you can put up posters. No guarantee others won't put theirs over yours though. When people click on posters, you'll get a call. That's also why you need a cell phone or a landline nearby." Indy explains, patting his friend on the shoulder. Spamton looked up at him, his brow furrowed with thought. "It's a little complicated, but I know that won't stop you." The blue Addison remarks, giving him a beaming grin. Spamton smiles back, his cheeks flushing.

"Damn right." The pale Addison chimed proudly, folding his arms. Indy chuckles, perking up as Lyle called out to them, waving.

"Hey! Thought you'd never make it! Did you sleep well?" The lilac Addison asks. Spamton smirks, walking up to Lyle and pointing finger-guns at him.

"Like a monitor." The salesman replied cheekily, earning a soft groan from Lyle. Oh come on, that was funny, Spamton thought with a chuckle, watching his friend dust off his jacket and straighten his collar.

"Alright, enough messing around. We need to get you started." Lyle hums, whisking up a dress and holding it up the best he could. Spamton hums, glancing at him for a moment before doing the same, materializing a pipis in his hand and holding it up. He wasn't really sure how this would accomplish anything, but he figured the others knew what they were doing.

"So... how do the Lightners see this? Is it just like a pop up add?" Spamton asks. Lyle shrugs, making sure the dress wasn't crumpled up anywhere. I guess we wouldn't have any way of knowing how it looks... We're not Lightners after all.

Indy simply watched for a bit, standing off to the side with his arms folded. Spamton noticed he was holding a cell phone, so he figured the blue Addison had put up some posters nearby and was waiting for people to click on them. He sighs, fidgeting restlessly as he held the pipis high above his head. Indy's brow was furrowed as he stared at Lyle, though Spamton wasn't quite sure why.

"Hey, Lyle... Didn't you have a mannequin for your dresses yesterday?" Indy asks, tapping his finger against his phone restlessly. Lyle blinks, surprised that his friend was bringing this up now. Spamton could hear him swallow thickly. What are they going on about? Why does Lyle seem so nervous?

"Y-Yeah, I did. Why do you ask?" Lyle was clearly uncomfortable, clutching at the fabric of his dress. Indy cast a glance at the little salesman, meeting his gaze. Spamton frowns, restless from the tension that was rapidly forming in the air. The last thing he wanted was to be sucked into the middle of a heated argument he had nothing to do with.