Chapter Twelve

Taylor's POV

We exit the bathroom area and head back towards the bar. He orders us some drinks and we sit down.

"How are you going to catch Ivan and his brother?" I ask.

"I'm not sure yet. We just know we want to catch them and punish them for everything they did to all those woman and other mafias," he explains.

I take off my mask, the elastic band suddenly suffocating me.

As I look around and spot him, I glare at him in frustration as he dances with a woman, laughing at something she said.

I despise him for everything he caused and did to our family.

Suddenly, his eyes find mine and they widen a bit as the blood drains from his face and he becomes pale.

It seems as though he excuses himself from the woman and he makes his way over to me.

"Oh no," I turn in my stool, biting my lip.

"What's wrong?"

"I think he's coming over here," I whisper, spinning in my chair to face the bar.

"Your Dad?" He asks, but before I can answer, a familiar voice pitches in.

"Hello, I'm Trevor, I don't believe we've met?" He says, extending his hand towards me.

"I'll give you guys some time to talk," Nicolas says, standing up and walking off towards a couple and taking his drink with him.

They smile as they lay their eyes on him, and they hug as a greeting.

Dad takes Nicolas' previous spot and sit downs, ordering a drink.

"You don't believe so? Well I'm Taylor, nice to meet you," I ignore his extended hand, glaring at him.

"T-Taylor? Is that really you?" He asks, disbelief lacing through his voice.

"What do you think dad?" I ask him, tears clouding my vision, but I won't allow him to see me cry. "You left us without even saying goodbye. How could you do that to us dad?"

"I'm sorry Taylor, but I needed to take care of the family I had. I know it was wrong of me to cheat on your mother and hurt our family, but I had to take accountability for the mistakes I made."

"Which means you completely forget about the responsibility you had back at home, with me, Ryan, and mom? You should've took care of the family you already had. You made the mistake of cheating on mom when she did everything to make up happy, but you still took advantage of that," I express.

"I know Taylor, and I regret that every single day of my life. It was better when I wasn't around. You have to understand that I was only doing it for you and Ryan's sake," explains, trying to grab my hand that's sitting on the counter.

I pull away from him and almost choke on a sob.

"So you think I'll give you the chance to walk in and out of my life whenever you feel it's necessary? No. I'm not the same little girl I was back then. I know my worth now," I explain.

"I know you're not Taylor. You've grown into a beautiful young lady." He says, the corner of his lips lifting slightly. "But please forgive me for my mistakes."

"You know mom killed herself because of you? Ryan and I suffered for years in foster care because our dad wanted a different life for himself, leaving us behind," I say, my voice rising slightly.

"What?" He mutters. "Casey...Casey did w-what?"

"You heard me dad. You were a horrible father and husband," I shake my head in disbelief.