3

John B took off his bandana and held it up against Sarah's stomach, pushing down and apologizing when she winced in pain.

    "Riley, can you call Terrance?" He asked.

    "On it." I nodded and grabbed a phone of Cleo's she snatched a while back and called Terrance.

    "Did you get the gold?" Terrance asked.

    "Hey, yeah, we got it. But we got bigger problems. Sarah's shot. She's been shot, and needs medical attention." I told him. "We're in the cane field about a mile up on the left-hand side."

    "Where you at?"

     "I'm not sure. I'll drop a pin. I don't know how to get here. Hurry."

    "On our way!"

    "Okay," I said and hung up, dropping them a pin so they could find us.

    They got here a minute or so later and pulled up behind us, Cleo and Terrance getting out as we helped Sarah out of the car.

    "Sarah!" Cleo said in worry.

    "I just texted you the address of a doctor. Tell him I sent you!" Terrance said.

    "Okay. And it's a hospital?" John B asked, putting Sarah in the backseat and getting in with her.

    "No. You wanna get caught? My guy's better." Terrance said and turned to me. "Drive fast, kid. Got that? We're gonna wait 8 hours. No more."

    "Got that. Thank you, Terrance." I said and pulled up the address on the phone, getting in the car and driving out of the cane fields, kicking up dirt as I drove us into the town.

    "Riley, drive faster!" John B shouted.

    "Do you want me to get us in a crash?!" I shouted back, glancing down at the GPS and taking a turn hard, apologizing when Sarah cried out in pain.

    "We're here!" I shouted, pushing on the brakes and parking the car, getting out of the car and opening the back door, helping Sarah out and putting one arm around me as John B held her other.

    We walked over to a run-down building and pushed on the buzzer.

    "What do you want?" A voice asked through the intercom.

    "We're looking for Dr. Nygard." I replied.

    "Dr. Nygard's not here."

    "Do you know where we can find him?" I asked. "We're friends of Terrance's."

    "Look at the camera above you to your left. Look at me and let me see your faces." The voice said.

    We looked up at a camera.

    "Alright. Go through the bar. There's stairs on your right."

    "Okay, thank you. Thank you." I said and pulled her arm back around my shoulder as we walked through the door, heading up the stairs and walking into a small room with some medical equipment.

    An old guy walked out and told us to set her on the table, then he examined the wound.

    "Ah. Looks like they got you pretty good, didn't they?" He asked, shuffling around to get the things he needed.

    "She's gonna be okay, right?" John B asked the doctor as he pulled her shirt up to see the wound fully.

    "That remains to be seen." He replied, getting an IV and getting her all set up. "Put some pressure on the wound right there."