4

"Okay, we're gonna get some gas, find a phone, and get out of here, alright?" I said as we securely parked the boat, getting out the two empty gas containers and walking down the beach with the two.

    "How are we going to pay for gas?" Sarah asked.

    "Don't worry about it. We'll figure it out." John B answered, taking a gas container from my hand and walking into the town with us.

    We passed people eating as they say on benches and Sarah and I all but had to pry John B away from taking any of their food.

    "I'm starving." He said as we successfully got him past all the people who were eating by the beach.

    "We gotta get some food. Follow me." I said.

    "Oh no. What is your plan now?" Sarah asked as she followed me into an outdoor restaurant.

    "Hi, how is everyone. Is there anything else I can get for—" I knocked into the table and pickpocketed three $100 dollar bills, walking away with the two next to me.

    "Did you seriously just do that?" John B asked.

    "Yup. Perks of dating JJ."

    "I have never been more proud to call you my sister." He said with a gigantic smile.

    We walked up to a gas station and set the two empty tanks by the pump.

    "Alright, how many hot dogs do you want?" I asked them.

    "Like, fifty. No. A hundred. I don't care." Sarah replied.

    I chuckled and looked at my brother with a shrug before heading into the store as the two pumped the gas into the containers.

    I grabbed a bunch of snacks, including John B's facorite, some water, and three hot dogs before heading to the cashier.

    She looked at the stuff lying on the counter before chuckling and scanning them, putting them in a bag.

    "Hard week?" She asked.

    "Try hard month." I corrected her.

    "Yeah, I get that way. Take it slow on those snacks." She said and finished getting all the stuff in the bag, handing it to me and telling me the amount: it totaled up to $50.

    I handed her a hundred bill and she took it from me, handing me a fifty and telling me to have a good day.

    I put the bill in my pocket and grabbed the plastic bag, heading out to the station and seeing Sarah and John B ducked behind a station.

    "Guys, why are you—"

    "Hey! You guys stole my money!" the same guy who I pickpocketed earlier shouted, running over to us.

    The three of us ran from them, John B running with the full containers of gas as we ran from the men, who shouted for us to stop.

    "Not gonna happen, man!" I shouted back with a giggle as we ran around a corner.

    "Riley! You are insane!" John B laughed.

    "Glad you're just now noticing that!" I shouted back, my ears hearing a familiar sound.

    "Into the alleyway!" JJ shouted from far off.

    "Let's go! Come on!" Pope shouted.

    "JJ! Pope! Kiara! KeKe!" I shouted, waving my arms.

    But they just kept running. They must not have heard us.

    I looked at the two before finding a long motored cart, putting our stuff in the back before getting on and riding down the streets, turning corners and swerving out of peoples' ways.