chapter 2

Shinji woke up to his alarm announcing it was time to get ready for his first day at college, he snoozed it and decided to sleep just for five more minutes. Next thing he knew Rei was knocking on his door telling him that he had to be in school in twenty minutes. "Oh fuck." He finally got up from his bed but it was too late to take a shower now, so he went to the bathroom to only was his face and brush his teeth, there was no time for breakfast either so he decided to buy something at the university's cafeteria. He slipped his legs into some mom jeans, put on a hoodie, and tried to kind of fix his hair that indicated he had just woken up.

He somehow managed to be ready in 15 minutes, which left him with 5 minutes to get to the university, thank god his apartment was pretty close so he was in no hurry, before he left he grabbed his wallet, his keys, his backpack, and his jacket. The three girls already left a while ago so he was going to walk alone, he connected his headphones to his SDAT (that had been a gift from his dad) and headed over to the university.

Shinji arrived in 2 minutes only and decided to go fast to the cafeteria to buy something to eat because he was starving. The boy grabbed a package of cookies and a can of green tea. He headed to the counter and pulled out his wallet to pay. Oh shit, this isn't my wallet, he said when he saw an ID that wasn't his on a clear bag of the wallet, but he was really hungry so he borrowed some cash from the wallet, he would replace it later, he thanked the girl behind the counter and headed to class in kind of a hurry, it was already 8:00 so he had to get there fast.

The boy made it to the classroom on time (8:01) and sat in the back row, as usual, he was kind of nervous so he started taking deep breaths to calm his fast heartbeat and opened his cookies to not be thinking about how hungry he was instead of paying attention to the class. At 8:05 the teacher entered the classroom almost running, "Sorry to keep you guys waiting, I'm gonna be honest, I slept in, but hey! I made it on time, that's what's important." She settled all her books and loose papers on the desk and said, "Okay, now I'm going to take assistance and when I call your name just respond with however you would like for me to call you, okay? " the students replied with words of affirmation. "Okay then, uh, first is..." She was taking assistance and Shinji waited for his name and while doing so, he spaced out and was just staring at the window that was to his left until "Ikari Shinji? Are you here?"

"Oh yeah, that's me, sorry. And Shinji is okay, thanks." His mouth was full of cookies but the teacher didn't seem to care so she said 'okay' and continued with the list, after a few people Shinji heard a name that sounded familiar but had no idea from where.

"Nagisa, Kaworu" the teacher called.

"Here, and Kaworu is just fine miss, thanks" Shinji looked over to the guy that had responded to that name but still couldn't figure out where he knew him from, and it was harder since the guy was facing his back at Shinji and he really couldn't see his face. Oh wait, he thought and pulled the wallet from his pocket and indeed, the ID on in belonged to Nagisa, Kaworu, and he realized that it was the same guy he had crashed to before, he was embarrassed about having to give back the wallet, what if he thought Shinji had stolen it? But it would be way worse if he just kept it, that would actually be stealing the wallet. He found himself admiring the picture on the ID for a solid 5 minutes and was interrupted by the teacher.

"Ikari, put your phone away, right now you need to pay attention to this, this is important."

"Oh, no this isn't my phone, I- this is um, Nagisa's wallet" Oh, god. Why the fuck would he say that? It just slipped out of his mouth, he should have just said it was his phone.

Kaworu turned around at the mention of his wallet with a stranged face and peeled his eyes when he realized who was in the ownership of his wallet now. "Oh, it's you! Dude why did you take my wallet? I've been looking for it." Shinji blushed really hard at the accusation of his classmate.