chapter 5

TRIGGER WARNINGS:
-Sexual assault (not explicit).

---

Kaworu and Shinji arrived at the place of the party around 9:00 pm, it was in the house of god knows who, but they had volunteered to throw the party at their place since it was really big and it could hold a lot of people inside it. Shinji had gotten the location from Rei who got there with the other girls a long time ago. At the moment Kaworu and Shinji arrived, there were various groups of people playing different party games, others were just sitting and drinking. In the kitchen, they could see a ridiculous amount of packs of beer and a lot of different alcohol bottles. Before going to find the girls, both of the boys grabbed a beer and opened it still in the kitchen.

"Shinji!" The just named looked around him and found Mari waving at him so they would approach their group. Next to Mari, besides Asuka and Rei, there was another two boys and a girl and they all seemed to be having a great conversation with each other. "Hey guys, how was dinner?"

Everyone who was sitting infront of them turned to hear the answer. Shinji spoke first, since the question was directed more towards him than to Kaworu. "It was great, thanks. So how's the party going?"

"Boring." Asuka said, "It's still early and my mom over here," she looked at Mari who gave her a kiss for that, "says I have to wait a little longer so I can get drunk and that's all I came to do."

Mari and the rest of the guys laughed at her comment and she went it to kiss her again. "Well, I just don't want her to make a fool of herself. Oh, by the way, these are Toji, Kensuke and Hikari, we just met them here, they're pretty great."

"Nice to meet you guys." Shinji said and realized he forgot to introduce Kaworu to the group. He grabbed Kaworu's arm, pulling him so he would be in everybody's sight. "This is Kaworu, uhm, he's my friend and, yeah."

The people in the group said 'nice to meet you' to Kaworu and he said it back to them. Shinji looked around and he saw that it was indeed a boring party. "Do you guys maybe want to go back to the apartment and follow the party there? You guys are invited aswell, obviously." He said looking at the three new friends the girls had made.

"That'd be a good idea if we had any booze at the apartment, we have nothing." Rei said giving up and making an annoyed face at having to stay at the lame party.

Kaworu stepped in, still standing next to Shinji. "I'm pretty sure we can take a few bottles from the kitchen and no one would realize they're gone." Shinji turned to look at him, impressed of what he had just said and Kaworu looked back and smiled at him. "No one even realized when we got here so I don't think they'll know if we leave either."

"Kaworu, you are a genius, let's go." Asuka stood up pulling Mari's hand heading to the kitchen, all the others followed them. They didn't even bother to be sneaky about grabbing the alcohol and no one around them seemed to care. Kaworu and Shinji grabbed a box of beers each, Mari and Asuka grabbed 3 bottles and Rei, Hikari, Toji and Kensuke grabbed boxes of beer aswell. They left the party with the stolen booze and walked back to their apartment. The house in which the party was, was really close from campus, so really close to the guys' apartment. It didn't take them too long to get back and in the way they were laughing and talking about what they just did.

They entered the elevator and since it was too much people inside it, they were all squeezed together. Obviously Shinji and Kaworu were next to each other and the excess of contact didn't seem to bother them at all. In fact, Shinji had plenty of space to his left but still decided to stay leaning in Kaworu's arm. The elevator reached their floor and they exited it, leaving the beers and bottles on the kitchen counter. Asuka served everyone's drinks and then moved over to the living room, everyone sat in a circle, some in the couch and some others grabbed chairs. Rei put some music on the speaker set to get everyone to loosen up.