chapter 7

CONTENT WARNINGS.
-NSFW :)

---

Friday had finally arrived and Shinji was going crazy trying to have everything ready for the trip and organizing while his roommates were watching Netflix instead of helping him. He had made a list on his phone and whenever he packed one of those things, he would delete it from the list. It was noon and at that time Shinji was supposed to be picking Kaworu up in his apartment. "Okay, that's enough." He said as he disconnected the tv, he could have just turned it off but he wanted to be dramatic. "You are going to help me, it's late and we have to get going, so stand up and help, please."

"What do you mean it's late?" Asuka said as she got up from the bean bag chair, checking her watch. "Oh my god never mind, I thought that it was only like eleven, sorry, we'll help."

The three girls stood up and went to help Shinji to make sure everything was in place when the elevator opened up showing Hikari, Kensuke, and Toji. "Hi guys! Are you ready to go?" Hikari said and everyone went to greet each other but Shinji just waved his hand as he was occupied doing other things. With the help of everyone, they were able to finish Shinji's list in ten minutes, so now they just had to pick Kaworu up and they were ready to go.

"Okay, we have everything already, let's go." Mari said and everyone agreed and got in the elevator to head to the apartment's garage. once they were there, they put all the things in the trunk of Mari's van and everyone got in their designated seats. Shinji sat all the way in the back, putting his backpack next to him since he was keeping that spot for his friend.

A minute later they arrived and Shinji got off the van to head into the building, he went up the elevator and then to Kaworu's door, he knocked it and Kaworu opened it almost immediately. "Happy birthday!" Shinji opened his arms and Kaworu went in for a hug.

"Thank you so much, it means a lot." Kaworu smiled at the fact that his friend was standing on his tiptoes to be able to reach him.

"Of course," He separated. "So are you ready to go? Everyone's waiting for us."

Kaworu nodded and grabbed his backpack from the couch. "Yeah, let's go."

"Wait, where's Sushi? I want to say goodbye." Shinji walked into the apartment and started looking for the cat under the couch and table.

"She's not here, I left her with the neighbor since I couldn't bring her, well I didn't want for her to be alone." Shinji got up from the floor and patted the dust from his knees.

He grabbed Kaworu's backpack from his shoulders and walked towards the stairs. "Oh yeah, I forgot, I wish you could have brought her, I miss her already."

Kaworu laughed and locked his door to join Shinji. "Yeah, but she would have probably ran away, is better like this. Besides, you'll see her once we get back."

Both boys went down the stairs and entered the van that was parked outside the building. Once they were seated together, everyone in the van wished Kaworu a happy birthday to which he responded with a shy laugh and a 'thank you'. "Okay, so we're leaving now, no one's forgetting anything? Last chance." Mari said as she was driving and the silence after her question made her assume everyone was ready. "All right, then let's go."

Everyone was talking and singing while Mari was driving, it wasn't a long drive since the beach was pretty close, but they still had to go a little further because the camping zone at the beach was somewhere else, according to Asuka. Shinji immediately fell asleep as soon as the car started moving, he was leaning on Kaworu's shoulder who didn't move so he wouldn't wake him up. After about forty-five minutes, they arrived at their destiny and everyone got out of the van to go and dip their feet at the ocean, except for Kaworu and Shinji, since the white-haired boy didn't want to wake his friend up, just because he looked so peaceful like he was. The van started to get warmer and Kaworu fell as if he was going to melt so he decided to interrupt Shinji's sleep. But before doing that, he took a moment to admire how pretty Shinji was, he even allowed himself to stroke his face as no one was watching him. "Hey, Shinji. Wake up, we're here already."