chapter 9

IM SO SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG TO UPDATE BUT I HOPE YOU ENJOY :)))))))

CONTENT WARNING!!!!!!
-NSFW

---

Did people still ask their partners to be their girlfriends or boyfriends? Or was it something that you only did when you went to junior high school? Shinji did know that Asuka had asked Mari to be her girlfriend or something like that, but it wasn't with those exact words. I didn't actually ask her. It was more of a "what are we" type of thing. So it was a mutual agreement, no one asked anything. That is what she said when Shinji asked her. Why do you ask? He said no reason, but he was asking because maybe he was considering asking Kaworu to be... To date him officially? To introduce themselves to others as a couple?

And that had been his main thought during the ride back to their home. Kaworu was asleep since he was hungover and tired from staying up until very late. Shinji was tired too. But his thoughts didn't allow him to sleep. Especially when he was looking at Kaworu sleeping right next to him, this only encouraged him to do it. And in a sudden wave of bravery, Shinji decided he'd ask Kaworu to be his boyfriend that same day. That Sunday.

That Sunday in which they had to do the project for their class, which was due the next day. Even after remembering about the project, Shinji remained with his thought. If he didn't do it that day he'd probably never do it.

So after about an hour on the road, they finally arrived at their town. Mari dropped Kensuke, Hikari, and Toji at their respective houses before heading to her own apartment. Mari said she'd take Kaworu but Shinji said he wanted to let him rest as much as possible, so they headed to their own home. Once they were in the garage of the building, the girls had the initiative to load everything off the van and take it to the apartment. Shinji stayed in the van with Kaworu, sitting next to him and being on his phone while he let him rest. Thanks to a sudden loud video on Shinji's phone, Kaworu woke up a little bit scared but calmed down when he saw Shinji next to him, who was nervously lowering the volume to his phone.

Kaworu smiled and stretched, then rubbed his eyes and looked at Shinji. "What time is it?"

He looked down at his phone and after checking the screen, he looked back up. "It's only 2:48. Are you hungry?"

"Not really," Kaworu said as he shook his head from left to right.

"I was thinking," Shinji began, ignoring Kaworu's answer. "that we have to do the project that is due for tomorrow. The painting."

Kaworu nodded and seemed to stay thinking for a little while before moving so he could get out of the van, leaving Shinji still in his seat, who then followed him to the outside of the vehicle. "How about I go back to my apartment and I'll see you there at," He looked down at his phone, checking the time since he had forgotten about the hour Shinji had given him. "three o'clock?"

Shinji closed the van's door behind him and nodded. "Yeah. I'll see you then."

Kaworu turned around and left before Shinji could go in for a hug, or a kiss, or both. But he didn't pay much attention to it. At that moment all that was in his head was, to not forget about taking Kaworu's cake on the way out and how he could ask Kaworu to be his boyfriend.

He ran to the elevator and impatiently moved his leg while it went up. He wanted to use his time as best as he could, so he wanted to take a shower and change his clothes before going to Kaworu's maybe even going for some flowers on his way there, but he didn't have the time. I can ask one of the girls for that favor, I'm sure they'll say yes.

The elevator finally arrived at his floor so he ran straight into Mari's room. When he opened the door he saw Mari and Asuka talking on the bed. Both of them questioned his rush and he was going to explain it, but for some reason, he felt embarrassed asking Asuka for the favor, so he took the red-haired by the hand, making her stand up from the bed, and dragged her outside the room to then close the door in her confused face.