Hand over Hand- Roland Faunte.

LAST CHAPTER!!!!! <3
TYSM FOR READING ILY ALL <3
PLEASE LISTEN TO HAND OVER HAND BY ROLAND FAUNTE FOR THIS CHAPTER THANKS

CW:
-NSFW

(See the end of the chapter for more notes.)

It took Kaworu and Shinji two weeks to tell their friends that they were dating, they both agreed to wait to see how things would go. But once they did tell everyone, they weren't too impressed by it. Yeah, we noticed, dumbass, Asuka said, and everyone just agreed with her. So that was definitely a relief for both of them.

And after two months, Shinji had even told his parents already, who took it surprisingly well. After weeks of debating, Shinji and Kaworu facetimed Shinji's parents to let them know, as soon as they answered the call the brunette introduced Kaworu as his boyfriend. Yui said she was excited to meet him and Gendo made sure to embarrass Shinji by threatening Kaworu so he wouldn't hurt him. After that call, Kaworu made a call to his parents, alone. Without consulting it with Shinji first, he arranged so Kaworu could go back to his hometown on Christmas break with a friend, who his dad expected to be a girl.

Kaworu walked into his room and hugged Shinji who was at the desk, working on his laptop. "Hey, I wanted to ask you something."

He looked up but didn't stop typing. "What is it, babe?"

Even after being called that hundreds of times, Kaworu still blushed when Shinji called him that. "Uh, I was just in a call with my dad, and... I told him- well, do you want to go to my parent's this Christmas? I know it's a bit soon and it's oka-."

"Yeah, sure. I had already told you that I wanted to meet them. And it's not soon. I think three months of dating is good enough."

He sighed. "Okay, that's great. However, my dad is kind of expecting for me to bring a girl home..."

Shinji stopped typing and turned his chair around to be facing Kaworu. "Uh, did you tell him you were bringing a girl?"

"No! Of course not. I just said I'd bring someone and he said he couldn't wait to meet her..." Shinji smiled and nodded, trying not to laugh. "Why are you laughing? This is serious."

He finally laughed and tried to calm down, but wasn't able to. "I'm sorry, but I mean, your parents must know you're gay, right? You don't look," he looked at Kaworu up and down and laughed harder. "well, you don't look straight." Kaworu rolled his eyes, with a small smile. "Okay, okay. Don't worry about what your dad said, it'll be fine, stop overthinking it."

Kaworu drew him in for a hug and kissed his cheek. "Thank you."

"No problem."

"Oh, by the way, we're leaving tomorrow."

"What!? Why tomorrow?"

"Well, today's the twentieth, Christmas' just around the corner."

"Ah, fuck. Well yeah but you could have told me sooner, I have to pack my bags and- Oh shit, I'm meeting your parents Kaworu! What if they don't like me?" Now it was Kaworu's turn to laugh and he chased Shinji as he went outside the apartment to go over to his place. "Oh god, they're going to hate me, I have to make a good first impression. I could bake them a cake and-"

Once they were in the street, Kaworu kissed him to make him stop talking. "Hey, weren't you the one who told me not to overthink?" Shinji nodded. "Okay then, let's go make your bags."

***

"Yeah, I was impressed by that as well, but you know her, there's nothing we can do about it," Misato said through the phone as she talked to her son. "oh, and before I forget, someone asked me to say hi to you!"