Nine.

Song of this chapter :

Swimming pool- Marie Madeleine
-

Lilith's Manor, Somewhere, 1969

I felt empty. Just empty. I didn't feel the warmth of the body next to me. Bella held me in her arms, her arms wrapped possessively around my waist and her face buried in my neck. She was breathing softly against my skin, I could feel it, but I no longer felt the usual little thrill of pleasure.

My skin stung, I almost wanted to rip it off with my fingernails. I felt like a part of me wanted to escape from my body. As if my soul was eating away at me until it fled.

I still hadn't fallen asleep and I knew it wouldn't happen anytime soon until I had made peace with myself.

I slipped silently out of Bellatrix's arms. My gaze fell on the bedside table, the clock said 3:00 in the morning. Tired, my eyes wandering aimlessly over the room, I sat on the bed staring at the wall in front of me.

My mind drifted away and I stared casually at the cigarette pack on Bellatrix's bedside table

I won't say why but unconsciously I got up and took them with the lighter. The floor was cold against my soles but I had no reaction, I walked towards the bathroom.

After entering, I locked the two massive wooden doors behind me. The mirror was calling me one way, I slowly approached and stared at myself through it.

"We all have a dark side that we try to hide. But the real evil does not come from me, it is in you. she tells me.

I stared at her impassively as she continued to glare at me. Her eyes reflected her hatred in all its glory, I could practically feel guilty under her insistence. But how could I when my conscience was stolen from my carnal envelope?