Twelve.

Lilith's Manor, Somewhere, 1970

"I apologize. Truly, I do."

Her words became unbearable to listen to. With each passing moment, the lies and false hopes she spewed forth attempted to manipulate me. It was all a facade, a web of deceit, and I had grown weary of it.

"I no longer believe you. I am exhausted by you."

And it was true. Fatigue seeped into every fiber of my being, both physically and spiritually. Life had not been kind, burdening me with its share of sorrows and losses. But Bella, she was the beginning and the end of my suffering. I simply needed to summon the immense courage to turn my back on her and confront the reality that this relationship was destined for failure and disappointment.

"I never intended to cause you any harm."

She was lying.

She was lying, I repeated to myself, over and over. Bellatrix wanted to witness me suffer, just as I had made her suffer. She desired to see me weakened and shattered, so she could slowly gather the fragments of my soul and present herself as someone virtuous.

"You did this solely to inflict pain upon me. Well, congratulations, you succeeded. You've hurt me... and now there's nothing left for me to do."

How could I ever forgive her? How could I move forward with her after what she had done to me? I couldn't bring myself to it. I could never view her in the same light again. Even her mere presence in the room became unbearable to bear.

As I began to depart, I felt her hand grip my arm tightly, causing me to hiss in pain as I glared at her.

"I had my reasons for doing this. But I am sorry."

"Then stop pretending as if you have any right to feel remorse for me when we are living in the hell you created. Are you proud of yourself? You are not one of us, you never have been. You are no longer even human."

At that precise moment, I left her behind. I was done with her, once and for all.

Deep down, I knew I might be deceiving myself, but an inexplicable determination propelled me forward.

-