Ten.

Song of this chapter :

Merry-Go-Round of Life- Joe Hisaishi
-
Lilith's Manor, Somewhere, 1969

Snow was falling in large flakes outside the walls of the mansion.

I stood alone in my room, staring blankly. I brushed my hair without really paying attention to anything. Tonight was the annual Black Family Yule Ball, the most elite and high-profile event ever.

I just had to get ready and go with Bella. But this simple task makes me sick to my stomach. I suffered more than anyone. My mind and heart were bleeding more and more every day, I couldn't even look at myself in the mirror without hating what I saw.

I had changed and a part of me was happy about it. I was getting darker and darker, there was no longer that sparkle of joy and innocence in my irises. Even I,noticed it.

I left the hairbrush to the side and did a semblance of a proper hairstyle. The more I tightened my corset, the more I felt the life with the air leaving me.

I looked at the paper knife on my desk, between Bellatrix's letters and other parchments

I looked at the paper knife on my desk, between Bellatrix's letters and other parchments. The idea crossed my mind. In less than five seconds I'll be lying on the floor in a pool of fresh blood.

"Or I can just run away. I have nothing here except her after all. I will be lonely but not more lonely than right now. »

Fresh blood flowed from my nostril, trickling down to my mouth. When I realized it, I barely reacted. Before rising from the ashes like a phoenix, you must first die. And I was slowly dying before I subscribed completely. From time to time, I regained full possession of my senses as at this moment.

Blood was flowing profusely. Drops falling at regular intervals on the floor.

The sound of stiletto heels didn't snap me out of my trance. Bellatrix's arms wrapped around my waist, my heart beating faster and faster. Out of fear but above all out of desire.