Chapter 12- Toxic Interaction

Y/n p.o.v

"Are you hungry?"
Wilbur asked out of the blue.

I thought about it for a couple seconds.
"Yes, I kinda am.
But I don't feel like leaving..."
I admitted.

"Are you down for a burger?"

"HELL YEA."

"I have a friend that's working there who can arrange it to be delivered to here."
Wilbur grinned.

I opened the menu on my phone as Wil made the call.

You would expect a couple on a date to go to a fancy place while we are just hanging out in this random place and ordering fast food.

I smiled to myself.
Wouldn't have it any other way.

When the food arrived we just set on the grass and ate.

"I just love how you are always yourself unapologetically."
Wil chuckled, wiping away some sauce that got on my cheek.

"I used to date that one girl in high-school, but she always insisted on eating salad and always caring about her looks."

"That's just tiring. Worrying about that all the time. I hope that she realised that a person should like you for who you are. Looking nice is just a bonus."
I said simply before taking another
big bite.

Wilbur's smile couldn't get any more cute.

I'm glad I'm making him happy.

~~~~~~~~~~

The sun was going down.

His hand was lovingly wrapped around me, keeping us close as we admired the sight on our way back to his apartment.

"OH. MY. GOSH.
IT'S WILBUR SOOT!"

A girl with a stereotypical mean-girl voice approached us with two of her friends, their phones out.

"Oh, uh, hey. Nice to meet y-"

"I've been your biggest fan for YEARS.
Loved all your stuff! Although, honestly, you could've picked better friends."

Wilbur's face changed instantly from 'awkward inconvenient fan meetup' to
'pissed off, please leave' expression.

That girl practically insulted me and all of his dear friends I got to meet.
Who would say such a thing to a person they admire?

"Anyway, can I please get a picture?"
She had the audacity to ask.

"No, sorry, I am kinda-"

She didn't wait for an answer.

The girl pushed me away, hugging him as the phones took the photo.

"Aww, why aren't you smiling?"
She asked with a stupid tone, not letting go of Wil even though he was desperately trying to get away without hurting her.

"E-Excuse me, he s-said n-no."
I tried standing up for him, but forgot how anxious and powerless I get with mean strangers or strangers in general.

The girl stared at me with a look of pure hatred that made me squirm.

"And who might you be?"
She hissed, re-newing her grip on Wilbur.

I could see on his expression that he was holding back the temptation to kick her to the floor and run away with me.

I stuttered, struggling to answer.

"UGH, listen, you cow.
I don't know how a weak baby like you managed to get with Wilby, but I am sure that everyone will agree that he deserves a better woman.
Like, I am obviously more hot and beautiful and I know almost everything possible about him and we just need to get to know each other, Wil!
Don't you see how better I am than this ugly, pitiful pig?"

Her words hit me like a truck.
In some ways, she IS right...

"That's what I thought. Now, Wil- WOAH!"
Wilbur violently released himself from the girls grip.

"You have no shame. How dare you spit such poisonous words on others.
C'mon, Y/--- uh, let's just leave these toxic, ignorant people."
Wilbur said coldly, taking my hand and quickly walking away, avoiding letting her know my name.

The girl made angry noises, calling me names for 'stealing him away from her' and how 'he deserves better than me'.