1

"ELOISE FRANCIS ELIZABETHS GET UP RIGHT NOW", I hear my mom scream from downstairs, waking me up abruptly. I check clock which lays on my wooden side table, It reads: 8:30. Rubbing my eyes, trying to wake up from my slumber I soon realise, "8:30?!" I say to myself in distress. School starts at 9, I have no time.

I've dreaded this day for a long time - Summer was definitely a break from the constant whispers and lies I'd been told last year. I was tired of it all.  Nevertheless, I gained a friend who turns out to go to my school which was always a good thing as it does get a little lonely but being the independent person I am, company or not, I'm fine.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Yesterday
Walking back home from a very unsuccessful shopping trip, I walk down the same road I usually take to get back home, until I stumble across a boy. He's tall, but not tall tall, about a couple inches taller than me, since I am 5'7. He's got brown hair and is wearing a light blue vest top, paired with light washed jeans, and white shoes. He's unloading the back of his car along with what looks like his mother. The boy takes a few boxes from the boot of the car, maybe a few too many?
Being the nice person I am, I go over to the boy and help him.
"You need any help there? Looks like you could use a pair of extra hands," I say to the boy in favour of his slight problem.
"Nah, I'm all good" he says struggling to keep hold of the boxes.
"Are you sure, I mean that box is about to fa-" and before I could finish my sentence, the boxes he's holding all topple over. I raise my eyebrows at the boy,"You sure you don't need any help?"
"Uhhh well maybe a little?" He replies with a small smile that forms on his face.
Picking up the boxes, we take 2 boxes each and start to move them into their new apartment.
"You got a name?" He asks me.
"Eloise, but if that's too long for you to say Ellie can do", The boy with the brown hair smiled gently at my comment, "how about you?"
"Daniel, Daniel larusso" he puts out his hand for me to shake
"Well it's very nice to meet you Daniel"

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

Present
Me and my new friend Daniel had arranged to meet outside school by 8:45 and it was past that time, the 'Eloise is always late' is really is speaking it's word today.
I had to rush everything this morning - Pancakes; Shoved them down me, Outfit; I found the nearest thing I could find on my floor, Hair ; couldn't do it and Makeup ; couldn't do that either, so trashy it was. As far as I'm concerned no one would take any notice in the first place.

When walking into school I see Daniel with a pair of sunglasses waving at me with a smile, whilst leaning against locker for me. Whilst approaching Daniel I see on the opposite side of the lockers Johnny and his 'gang' are all staring over at me and Daniel. I was surprised they were looking at Daniel too, what could he of done?

After they stop staring I notice something off, Daniels wearing sunglasses. We're inside. "hey Daniel! What's the the glasses?" I ask him.

"Oh it's nothing", he starts fidgeting with his hands nervously making me suggest he is lying to me, there's something going on that I don't know of.

"Hmm", I take his sunglasses off to reveal a fresh bruise on his eye,  I widen my eyes at him shocked. So many questions fill my head, "so this is nothing huh?"

"It was at the beach, I tried to defend this girl because that guy over there" he said referring to Johnny. It's unsurprising that he would do something like this. His high tempered attitude will never change.  "He broke her radio!"