8

The next day I'm laying in bed reading a book I recently just bought from the local book store until I'm rudely interrupted by my door swinging wide open. It was my parents. They looked as if something terrible has happened.
I query this, "Mom, dad? Is everything ok?" I ask with a concerned look on my face. It could be many things, I needed to find out.

"Your dad been offered a new job love" , my mom mentions to me with an upset look on her face. I wonder why she's upset as it's a rather good thing to get a new job.

"That's great! Congrats dad" I say giving him a hug not knowing what else to do.

"It's in New York" My dad says looking down at me. A sad expression crosses my face as the matter was not in my books at all.

"New york? That's like 3000 miles away, we won't get to see dad often at all mom!" I look down at the ground with my head hanging low.

"You will", My dad grins at my mom to me.

"Huh?" I question but then I catch on. "No no no, this cannot be" I mutter to myself.

"SUPRISE!" They say in unison bursting in happiness. My whole face drops. I feel like my whole heart as dropped to my ass. This seriously is the worst news.

"We are- mov-ing to n-ew  y-y-ork?" I stutter, my voice croaks. A wave a strong emotion hits me. Everything was starting to get a little better but now it's really hit rock bottom.

"Yes!" They say excitedly linking arms and smuggling each other with Eskimo kisses like this is a great celebration, which it is for my dad, not me on the other hand.

"WE'RE MOVING TO NEW YORK?!" I shout abruptly causing my parents to jump a little.

"Is everything ok darling" My mother says, attempting to calm me down. This isn't a calm time at all.

"No, nothings ok ma!"  I panic with my head held in my hands. Nothing is seeming to go correctly in my life at all. By the time I know it we will be moving to London. Although I love it over there, California has always been my home and I never wanted that to change. My parents knew I never wanted it to change - but they've done nothing but lie to me.

"I'm sure you'll be fine, there amazing acting schools over there! You'll love it, it'll be our new home darling!" My mother says reassuring me, trying to be the peacemaker and make everything better but it's not.

I get frustrated by the mother's reassurance, "HOME? BUT OUR HOMES HERE" I pause and sit down on my bed, "you promised", I look up to both my parents with puppy eyes attempting for them to change their mind.

"I'm afraid not anymore, we're leaving in 2 weeks..." my father says and in return I give him a angry glare. Where was my input in this? At this point I don't think it's because dads got a new job, it's because of cobra Kai. It's been a threat to my family especially my mom with John Kreese and that incident, however, to this day I still tell her to publish the letters he sent to her after they broke up and the countless times he's attempted to hurt her but she doesn't, instead she wants to, 'keep it quiet' which is definitely not the correct thing to do in a situation like this. If it was under my terms he'd be dead.

"This... this is bullshit, WHY DIDN'T WE DISCUSS THIS?" I look at the pair of there faces of guilt, they say nothing. "I'm going to school". Quickly I grab my bag and leave without saying anything else to my parents.