"No, Continue"

Chapter 19: “No, Continue”

♡ Belle's pov ♡

I hate you admit it, but I had fun with Nathaniel yesterday when I was teaching him.

It was awkward or anything. We laughed and made great progress with Nathaniel's answers, considering he is a fast learner.

I parked my car, got out of it, then walked to the entrance of my school.

I got Kai's car today because I have to pick up Kat from her school and Kai couldn't pick her up today since he got a new job, and he hadn't talked about the schedule.

I was walking down the hall from my locker to my next class when I saw Mrs. brown waving at me to come to her.

"Hey belle can you come for a bit? I need to talk to you,"

"we can talk at lunch. I’m afraid that the bell will ring,"

"Oh, don’t worry, ill give you a slip now come on" I entered the classroom, and she closed the door behind her.

"I wanted to tell you this yesterday, but I couldn’t find, and I changed my mind last second, and I’ll tell you why,"

"yesterday during lunch Alexander came to talk to me, and he told me that he wants you to teach him, not Nathaniel,"

"so that's why he came to my house yesterday, but you didn’t tell me,"

"Well, I didn’t tell you because he won’t admit that he is jealous I had to step up my game somehow," Mrs. brown said.

"Well, nothing really happened," I shrugged

"but I do want you to teach Alexander. I already found someone for Nathaniel so if you don’t mind please do."

"I don’t mind. I will talk to Ace,"

"And keep me updated if anything happens. " Mrs. brown winked at me, making me chuckle and nod.

She wrote down on a paper and gave it to me.

"The bell hasn't rung yet but if you are late here's the slip,"

"Thank you. " I went out and headed to my next class as fast as possible.

Thankfully, I made it on time. I sat down in my chair and waited for the teacher, however Ace wasn't here, so I’m guessing he skipped school.

'Hopefully nothing happened to him.'

A few minutes after the teacher came, the door opened, revealing a tired looking Ace with a paper slip. He gave it to the teacher and came to sit next to me.

"Are you okay, Ace?" I whispered to him as I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I’m tired; I didn’t sleep much," he said, as his eyes were fighting to stay open.