02

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾,

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳-𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆...

"I'm sorry... " You interrupted, "did you just ask for my dark web account?"

"Um, is that not what it's called?" One of the heroes in the meeting, Gunhead, wondered aloud. "The place where you were hired by The League of Villains?"

"Yeah, that's not what it's called," You told him with a small laugh. "It's just a private message forum." You shrugged. "You need to know someone to get in."

"Well, that's what we need you to access for us," The hero clarified, pointing to the large monitor positioned on a nearby desk. You stepped over to the desk, observing the search engine ready and waiting. You felt the hero's eyes bore into your back. Four of them were in the room, accompanied by Aizawa and UA's Principle Nezu.

It took several minutes for you to pull up the message board. At first glance, it appeared like an ordinary forum. There were no posts using the words like kill, steal, or even hire. The heroes looked on in confusion.

"Are you sure this is the right site?" Hero Snipe asked, not noticing the heavily encrypted job postings.

"Yep," You stepped away from the computer. "What? Did you think millionaires would just ask for hitmen openly? 

"It's all in code?" He connected the dots, a genuine curiosity lacing his muffled voice.

"Of course, it is," You nodded. "If someone's under suspicion they would blow it for all of us. High-level criminals are a lot for things, but lazy isn't one of 'em." Aizawa looked on in silence as you began to translate some of the posts. It was impressive how detailed and deceptive the language was. Private messages to negotiate payment were all spoken in seemingly innocent words, as well. It was hard to believe the forum was a hotbed for the country's biggest scum.

"Can we set up a sting?" Another hero suggested.

"Who are ya lookin' to catch?" The heroes thought collectively for a moment. Perhaps it would be too risky to go after anyone high-profile. To avoid raising suspicions, they would start out small to test the waters. You understood where they were coming from, so, you helped them accept a job request for a heist. The heroes would meet up with the criminals orchestrating soon.

"You're dismissed." Without the smallest thank you to be had. You slipped out of the room, allowing the heroes to continue their meeting without you. Aizawa noticed your exit and followed you out into the hall. He observed the way you stood with your hands in your pockets, paused in the middle of the floor. He could have sworn you looked--

"You seem disappointed," Aizawa pointed out. You looked in his direction with a bitter smile.

"To be honest," You hesitated, "I kinda miss it. The action, I mean." Aizawa let out a small chuckle. This caught your full attention. His half-hearted laugh was rich and it matched his deep and sullen voice.

"Yeah, that'll happen," He remarked. "I'll check in with you tomorrow, you're free to go home." You nodded and Aizawa watched you walk down the hall to find the way out. The school was quiet on the weekend. Regardless of the room to think and focus, your mind still struggled to recall where to go. Abruptly, you heard your name,

"(Y/n)!" An oh-so-familiar angry voice shouted. You need not turn around to see the blond teenage boy running up to you. You knew it was Katsuki.

"Hey, kid." A genuine smile crept onto your face when he arrived by your side. His ever-present disgruntled expression was comforting.

"What are you doin' here?" You wondered playfully. "It's the weekend, you should be out getting into trouble."

"That's a lot harder these days," He told you with a light scoff. "After everything that happened, people don't like leaving me alone." You hummed, though he still did not answer your question. He let out a loud huff.

"Do you have plans tomorrow night?" Katsuki asked in slight irritation. A frown settled on your face.

"You know damn well I don't," You deadpanned. "Why? Did you want to... do something?"

"My parents want you to come over for dinner," Katuski explained as his eyes drifted to anything but you. His posture was slouched, as it often was, but in a different way than usual. It was clear he was somewhat uncomfortable posing the question on his parents' behalf. Your frown evaporated swiftly.

"Uh, okay," You agreed with a small nod. "What time should I be there?"

"We usually eat dinner at six," He shrugged. You reached out a hand and ruffled his spiky hair.

"Then I'll see you then."

𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚄𝙴𝙳...