05

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙸𝚅𝙴,

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳-𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆...

"How did she pay for it?" Detective Tsukauchi asked intently.

"In cash," The salesman stated. His tone indicated he was remorseful and his words were followed by a heavy sigh. He knew full well this was going to ruin his carefully built reputation. Detective Tsukauchi quickly jotted down what the man said onto his notepad, as he had been doing since the start of the conversation.

"As soon as I saw those news reports on TV, I knew I had to call it in," The salesman admitted, keeping his head low to avoid eye contact. "I can't imagine what his poor parents are going through. I don't know what I'd do if I ever lost my little girl." Detective Tsukauchi looked at the man sympathetically.

"That's exactly why we're trying to find him, and it's the empathy of people like you who make that possible," Detective Tsukauchi explained gently, "so thank you. Do you have the license plate number?"

"I think so, let me check." The man stepped away to search for it. Eventually, he found an old sheet of paper and gave it to the detective. The paper detailed the numbers of the temporary license plate issued to newly purchased cars.

Each number was accompanied by a specific car model and color. The salesman pointed to one particular number on the list.

"That's what she bought." Detective Tsukauchi wrote the information down. This would make it so much easier to track down whoever was holding Bakugo hostage.

"Can you tell us anything else about that night?" Detective Tsukauchi wondered.

"It was just the kid and the woman," He recalled, scratching the back of his neck. "She didn't look like she was armed or anything, I thought he was her son or something." Detective Tsukauchi nodded his head.

"Do you remember what this woman looked like?" He questioned.

"Yeah, kinda," The man shrugged his shoulders. "She looked like a regular person, nothing screamed villain, ya know? (H/l) (h/c) hair, she wore a baseball cap and casual clothes. Maybe in her thirties. Same height as me, I think." The detective thanked the man again for his testimony before he left.

Detective Tsukauchi was hurriedly bringing this new information to the rest of the investigation team. They were on the lookout for a blue pick-up truck, and the best part was, they had the license plate number. Although he was careful not to get his hopes up, Detective Tsukauchi was confident that this was going to be much easier than he initially thought.