10

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙴𝙽,

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳-𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆...

"What the hell are we supposed to do now?" Bakugo wondered aloud. He did an excellent job at keeping the panic from leaking into his voice when a large part of him was, in fact, panicking. What was your next play?

"I don't know," You admitted. In the process of making enemies, you found yourself without any allies. The road was clear up ahead. You barely managed to make it out of the city. The police had figured out a way to track you down, which meant simply moving from place to place was no longer a viable option.

You had to hide until the smoke cleared, until the story was getting less press, and until the villains forgot about you. But there was nowhere else to go. Nowhere to run now. Was this really the end of the road?

"Look, there's gotta be a way out of this," You exhaled in an attempt to stall the panic. "We just have to think." You tapped your finger against the steering wheel anxiously. "We have to eliminate one of the groups after us, either the police or the villains."

"We're not gonna fight the police!" Bakugo shouted, somewhat frantic.

"Not fight them, just get them off our back!" You clarified. "I don't know how we'd do that, though. If we play our cards right, we might be able to scare The League of Villains into leaving us alone. That would mean a fight." Bakugo furrowed his brows, considering the idea.

"Could we... " He paused for a moment. "Could we really take The League?" Before you could answer, the entire car was sent flying into the air. It came crashing down painfully hard, glass shattering and metal breaking. The vehicle ended up on its side.

You gasped for air once your body registered that it had been knocked from your lungs. Your body was on its side, hanging only by the seatbelt towards the ground. The door of the truck had been torn off, and you could look up into the sky from the hole.

You struggled to rip off your seat belt, holding yourself up with your own two hands. You reached down towards the ground and grabbed on to Bakugo's hand. Luckily, he had not lost consciousness during the sudden explosion. You pulled yourself out of the destroyed truck, which now had a small fire near the engine, then you helped Bakugo out as well.