13

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝙷𝙸𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽,

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳-𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆...

It was quiet. The curtains blocked out most of the sun, but stray rays slipped in through the cracks. You did not know what time it was, but you did not exactly have responsibilities to attend to like a normal member of society.

You watched Shota's chest and shoulders rise with every small breath he took. He was deep in slumber and you tried not to wake him. Carefully, you brushed some strands of his hair away from his peaceful face. You noticed the worn scar under his eye. How did he get that?

You decided it was time to leave the warm confines of the bed. With a small stretch, you stumbled into the bathroom to turn on the shower. You were half expecting it, honestly, but you still laughed when you saw the two-in-one shampoo and conditioner sitting on the shower shelf.

When you felt awake enough--and clean enough--you turned off the water and dried yourself. Soon thereafter, you wandered into the kitchen in hopes of finding some breakfast. Even given the unprecedented circumstances, you attempted to behave as if it was a normal morning. While rummaging through the near-empty cabinets, you heard soft footsteps approaching.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" You asked him with an apologetic tone.

"Yeah," Shota shrugged, the remnants of sleep still trying and drag him back to bed. "But it's fine, I forgot to set an alarm."

"That makes me feel a little better," You remarked, though he could not see the small smile on your face. "If you tell me where all your food is, I'll cook breakfast. Consider it, uh, thanks for last night." Shota let out a light chuckle and pointed you in the right direction. He leaned against the kitchen counter and watched you begin to cook.

"I found where Hiroto's gang runs their operations from," Shota said unprompted. "We can infiltrate as soon as you're fully recovered." Your eyes jumped to look at him. He seemed to be serious.

"I'll be there in a day or two," You speculated loosely. "With a shit ton of painkillers, obviously." Shota nodded, of course. You so desperately desired to get Hiroto off the streets, mostly for your own sanity's sake. Nevertheless, you knew your own limits.