14

𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙵𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃𝙴𝙴𝙽,

𝚂𝙴𝙲𝙾𝙽𝙳-𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽 𝙿𝙾𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚅𝙸𝙴𝚆...

"Why don't you tell me about that night?"

A small smile crept onto your face. You leaned forward, resting your forearms on your thighs.

"It was good," You nodded your head slowly. "I think some of the heroes were a bit blind-sighted at first. Most of Hiroto's gang relies on guns, not their quirks."

"I take it you were not," Your therapist remarked, becoming somewhat cocky on your behalf.

"Course not," You shrugged confidently. "But they got the hang of it quick. We arrested most of them, Hiroto will be on trial soon." Your therapist raised an eyebrow.

"You seem to regard the heroes more highly than before," She observed curiously. "What changed?" You shook your head

"No, nothing's changed," You asserted, looking her in the eye. "I still hate most of them and most of them still hate me. But... " You let a sigh pass through your lips, "there's one I like." She chuckled lightly.

"Can I take a guess?" She wondered aloud.

"No," You smiled at her. You had not realized how odd it was to be so comfortable with her. It seemed six months of consistent discussion and vulnerability would do that to someone. Life changes gradually, and apparently, sometimes you fail to notice.

"I guess that," You paused, unsure quite how to word it. "I guess that everything just feels different now. Weird." She looked at you with interest.

"Perhaps it feels weird because you've ever experienced stability before," She suggested somewhat coyly. "I think that it's wonderful. You've made incredible progress over the last six months." 

"Yeah, maybe." You watched as she wrote something down inside a manila folder. She glanced at the clock hanging on the wall of her office. Your session was almost over. Your last session was almost over. You had fulfilled the court orders and in a few minutes, your rehabilitation will be over. Given, the smallest slip-up and you would spend the rest of your life in prison. Plus, you were an internationally recognized flight-risk, but technically a free citizen.

"Why don't you come see me next week?" Your therapist spoke up. "You have no legal obligation, but I'd be willing to take you on as a regular patient." You looked up at her. Therapy of your own free will?