Chapter 5

Damian's POV

Father?! What does she mean Father?! I thought my dad was dead... These thoughts raged through my head as my Mother dragged me and Malak to a boat.

***************************

We arrived in Gotham about an hour ago, at the moment Malak and I are hiding behind a curtain on the boat. My Mother had just gotten back from looking for my father. She brought back another person who...I assume to be my father. 

Since I was behind the curtain I couldn't see them at the moment. 

Angel and I just stood and listened, not making a sound. We both needed to be ready to step out to see my father.  Mother made a cue for when we come out from behind the curtain. I mean, dramatic much?

Throughout Mother and Father's conversation, I swear Mother kept trying to seduce Father. While I was making disgusted faces, I saw Angel gagging. I smiled slightly at Habibti.

"-Not you. Me, and your son."

"Son?"

That was our cue. I squeezed my Beloved's hand once more before walking out from behind the curtain. A second later my love walked out and stood next to me.

My father was dressed...strangely, to put it lightly. He wore some type of black suit with a cape. He also wore a mask that covered the top half of his face, the mask also had two pointy ears at the top of his head.

"You expect me to believe this? And if he is my son, then who is she?" Father asks.

"I assure you, he is yours. As for her, she is your son's betrothed." Yours?! She says it like I am some object instead of her son. That kinda hurts.

I looked my father up and down. "Don't look so stunned, Father. I thought you'd be taller.

He eyed me then looked at Mother. "Betrothed? Talia, they are both children!"

Malak rolled her eyes at him. "Our betrothal is not the worst nor weirdest thing to happen at the League, you know?"

Father glared at my Beloved for a few seconds before returning his attention to Mother. Mother turned to me and my Habibti.

"Now you two," She gave us a pointed look. "I have to leave so we can't be tracked...Damian, Marinette, say goodbye." 

I turned to Mother. "What?! She isn't staying with us?!"

Mother calmly stated, "It's for both of your own safety. It would be easier for the enemy to track you down if you were both together. Now, say goodbye."

Marinette's POV

My mind drew a blank after hearing Talia's words.

I have to leave without Shaytan?! We've never been apart for so long!...What am I going to do without my Demon?

I looked pleadingly at Talia, "Can we have a minute alone? To say bye?"

Talia rolled her eyes at my request, but she eventually sighed and said, "Fine. But make it quick." Then she left with Damian's father.

I turned to Demon, slowly tearing up. I launched myself at him in a hug. He caught me and hugged back tightly. We didn't say anything for a moment. Just sobbing into each other's shoulders.

"Dami..." I chocked out. "I'm gonna miss you. So much."

He pulled away from the hug slightly and looked me in the eyes. "I will miss you as well, Angel. So much."

I pulled back into the tight embrace. After all, how long until we see each other again? How long until I get to hear him call me his loving nicknames?

I'm going to miss him so, so much.

With teary eyes, he pulled away and grabbed my hand. He looked at me with regretful eyes, "I guess we can't leave my mother waiting forever..."

I squeezed his hand tightly, "Okay...Lets go."

We walked hand in hand, even when we reached Talia. We didn't care at this point, we only were gonna be with each other a few more minutes before I leave.

My Love looked at his mother. "I guess we are ready."

Talia said bye to both Damian and his father and grabbed my arm, and dragged me away. While the boat drove away from shore, I gave a longing look to my Demon. I'm going to miss him so much. I don't know how I'm going to get through this.

Once he was out was of sight, I trudged down to my room on the boat. I guess I should get some sleep before we arrive...where ever Talia is taking me.

So I laid down in my cold bed, tears streaming down my face while thinking of my Shaytan until I fell asleep.

Damian's POV

I can't believe it...she's gone. I don't know if I will ever see her agai-No! I will not think like that. I will see her again! It's just a matter of when.

"So," I turned to my Father. "are we going to leave now? I'd prefer to leave this place."

He looked at me before pressing his belt buckle, immediately afterwards the top to the so called 'Batmobile' rose up.

"Can I drive?" 

"No."

"I know how."

"No."

I hopped into the passenger seat, and we took off with Father in the driver's seat. We drove in silence, aside from when Father told someone named 'Alfred' that I was going to be staying with them.

We eventually arrived at a cave, when we pulled up there was already an old man waiting for us.

"Welcome back, sir. I presume this is the young man of whom you spoke." The man said.

I looked at him and said, "Hello, Pennyworth, I've heard of you."

He gave me a bow and said, "At your service, Master Damian."

"Where are the rest of the servants?" I asked after looking around.

With his ever serious expression he stated, "I am the sum total."

I looked at Father, "You only have one servant?"

Father looked at me and said something about Pennyworth being a friend and not a servant.

After I gave myself a short tour of the famous 'Batcave', Pennyworth showed me to my living new courters. After he sassed me a bit, he left to go get my tea. After he came back with my tea, I released him so I could get some sleep.

After a bit I laid in bed, wondering if my Beloved was okay. 

And I slowly fell asleep.