Caras POV 

Chapter 9

Damien left the kitchen feeling frustrated. Cara was just too damn sensitive. She was innocent to a point where it seemed annoying and unrealistic. The girl was a dreamer.

He scowled. All he did was tease her, and she reacted as if it was he committed murder.

The other gang must have sheltered her well for her to be so useless and terribly, utterly innocent. What did she do with her life before she got here?

Play bingo in her bedroom on Friday nights?

But there was a feistiness in her that made her appealing. Cara may have shuddered under his presence, but she stood her ground like she owned it--no matter how scared she was. It must be because of her blood ties.

He was convinced of it.

Damiens mood suddenly darkened as he stepped into the office.

Her blood ties. It's the main reason why they took her in the first place.

Ahead of Damien sat Nic and Slade, both waiting patiently at the side of the table.

Slade, primarily a smooth talker had helped the London Heist increasing their connections with people. He was the master of networking and helped the gang with intelligence and communication.

Nic Castillo, second in command, provided manpower and loaded our arsenal. Without his help, the London Heist would not have been as strong and organized.

"So is it true?" Slade asked.

Damiens attention went to him.

"What's true?"

"Is Cara really the daughter of...one of them?"

"You tell me. I'm not the one who picked her off the street. Someone told me she was connected to him."

"Well she had this." Nic passed me the pile of papers.

They were just printed, but I could tell these were a photocopy of the original. The information printed provided the name of some company, but it also provided one of the names we were concerned about.

"Her full name is Cara Stryker, based on what her I.D. says."

I read the files as Slade was telling me this. There was information on The Kings, a long lived gang in London, and one that the London Heist has been trying to make deals with for years.