Kira

Chapter 15 

"He left and he never came back!"

Kira released the collar of the hotel receptionist's shirt. They occupied the narrow alley way just around the corner of the hotel to make sure no one would be able to see them.

"P-please madam just let me go!" he whimpered, like a scared puppy.

"And you're sure he never stepped foot in this hotel again?"

"Y-yes."

"What about his belongings?" she questioned the man further.

"He never came back to get them. He just left one night and never came back, please! I'll even give you the security footage just please let me go."

Kira's eyes narrowed in on the man's face. "Give me the password for them and you'll be on your way."

"Alright, alright!" he shook. "Eight-four-two-three-seven-london."

With a satisfied grin Kira pulled the nameless man's face towards her. "If you tell anyone of this little incident, I'll destroy you."

She released him suddenly with a forced pushed and the man stumbled back. He quickly got up to his feet and took off in a sprint in the direction that he originally came.

"I'll destroy you?" Duke chuckled. He walked towards her from his previous spot and gave her a pat on the back. "Did you run out of good threats to give?"

Kira scowled. "I don't kill people for a living anymore."

"Yes, I can see."

Duke wandered off to where they were parked and got into the car. Not so long after, Kira followed suit.

It was a strange feeling being back in London and even stranger assaulting a man for information of her son. But that's the reason why she was here - to look for her babies. She never would have laid a finger on an innocent soul again if it weren't for that reason. Her violent past was gone, and when Kaleb and Cara came into the world, she knew she would have had to change for the better.

"Do you still have those hacking skills of yours?"

Duke passed her a laptop as she joined him in the car.

"That is something that I never forgot how to do," Kira speculated rather proudly.

With ease she began punching away at the keyboard, and with every sequence it brought her closer to the prize that she needed. There was security footage for the hotel, and there were even more that connected to the camera's on the streets. Using the password that the manager gave her, she punched it in.

The code was successful.

Within a few seconds the camera screens from various directions appeared on the laptop.

"That's Kaleb," she whispered.

Kira looked at the screen and saw a very distraught Kaleb. Her son looked miserable and very worried as he walked out of his hotel room with a single sheet of paper in his hand. Kira zoomed in on it, and without a doubt she knew what she was.

"It's a picture of Cara."

They both continued looking at the footage, following Kaleb's footsteps till he approached a bar.

"Oh damn," Duke grinned. "That boy is turning into a man."

An unamused expression grew upon Kira's face. She never let her children drink, and for good reason. Slower reaction rates, and an altered mental status left them vulnerable. Plus, the effects were miserable on their livers.

"I didn't know Kaleb drinks."

"Neither did I," she spoke through gritted teeth. She was very unamused.

"What's happening now?"

The video then showed Kaleb exiting the bar in a very drunken manner. He left the premises shoving Cara's photo in every pedestrians face.

He's looking for Cara.

"They were separated," she whispered in horror.

When she first tracked the flight tickets to London she was able to get a start on her children's whereabouts right away. However there was a dead-end when after the plane had landed, the only tracks she were able to find were Kaleb's since he checked into a hotel using a credit card. She only expected that Cara would be with her brother, but she wasn't.

Both of her children were gone and far away from each other. A Stryker wandering the streets lost in London was horrible thing, but if someone were to discover their relationship to Callum Bell, it would get a lot worse.

"Who has the files?" Duke was asking the real questions. He saw the look on Kira's face and he knew exactly what she was thinking. "If none of them have Callum's picture then they are safe. Do you think it's possible that Kaleb has it?"

Kaleb never wanted to go to London. He was never the rebellious child, although after looking at the bar footage she could be mistaken. Still, it was Cara that wanted to go to London.

"No," she shook her head. "It wouldn't be with Kaleb. If the one of them took my files it wouldn't have been him because he never planned on leaving California."

She took a few breaths to take in thoughts.

"She's in trouble because she wants to meet him, Duke," Kira whispered. She felt the guilt coming back, the pain of being unable to protect her children. Most importantly, she felt regret for hiding this from her children. "She deliberately disobeyed me to pull this crazy stunt."

"Like mother like daughter," Duke couldn't help but mutter.

Kira threw him a glare. "My children are in danger, here."

"Not from the looks of it," Duke murmured. He pointed to the screen which now showed Kaleb fighting off a very sketchy looking man. "He fights like him."

I continued watching. The stances, the way Kaleb strategically threw his punches. He fought like Callum.

All of the sudden a girl popped into the picture. It appeared as if she was just hiding in the shadows. Kaleb's opponent lied on the ground unconscious with his tattooed skin covered in blood.

The girl spun on her heel as Kaleb followed. It looked like they were discussing something before. As they kept walking, the girl looked back at the man on the ground.

"That's not right," Kira observed again. "The two know each other."

The minutes were passing and she knew that the surrounding surveillance camera's were not enough to keep an eye for her son. Kira paused to hack into more private systems to get the rest of the videos on screen.

"Goddamnit it's too dark to see shit, Kira."

"No, no it's not. I know exactly where he's heading Duke."

What were the odds of this happening? That Kaleb would suddenly land in the palms of the King's. She should have seen it sooner. This was their territory.

"Kira, are you getting what I'm getting?" Duke asked.

She nodded, eyeing the screen like a hawk.

"I don't know who's in more trouble. Cara....or your son who just followed a gang member back to their hideout."

"At least we know where to get him back."

"But are you ready?" Duke asked.

"He's my son-"

"-Not your son." He gave me a warning look.

"Callum can't stop me, Duke." 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Ok so this chapter was very short, but I was very eager to write it as some of you asked for KIra's POV. I wanted to add in Kaleb's but decided to save it for the next chapter since I have no time!But nonetheless, I hope you enjoyed it. 

Please VOMMENT. I miss your voices. LOL.