Cara 

Chapter 12 

"Scarlet?" My voice was but a mere whisper.

"Cara?"

I heard her walk to open the back door of the garage. The door opened, and she greeted me with a warm smile. Breakfast was not long ago, but I couldn't find what to do with myself in the time of being.

Damien kidnapped me, and forced me to be here. Being taken away from what I was meant to be doing gave me no clues on what to do with my life.

I walked inside and took in my surroundings. This garage had been rearranged so that it could hold a couple hospital beds and medical equipment. Instead of keeping cars, this garage housed a mini clinic.

"This is the gang's infirmary," Scarlet announced, as if she read my mind. "Damien and the others tend to get caught up in messy situations, so we have one here for convenience."

"Who is the doctor?" I asked.

"I am."

I gave Scarlet a clean look. She is fairly beautiful and had no tattoos. Her posture was excellent and they way she kept herself made her look as if she did not belong in this place at all.

"You're a doctor?" I could definitely buy it.

"Well, med-school dropout."

Drop out? The sound of it made my eyes brows furrow. Before I could say anything, Scarlet had already noticed my shock due to my expression.

"I first met my husband when I was completing my last year of medical school," she reminisced. "It was a strange way that we met. Nic was bleeding out on the ground, and I happened to be the only one who knew anything surgery related-"

"-Wait, Nic?"

Nic? The guy who killed the man that was chained next me to against the wall? The one I met my first day in that wretched hell hole? Scarlet fell in love with him?

"H-how?"

Scarlett smiled, and said, "I know it must be a shock. I didn't know what type of man he was when I first met him, but when I did...Well of course I didn't agree with...this. Our relationship was strong, and I loved him though. Besides, he wouldn't have let me leave. Not like I wanted to."

Wow.

"Didn't your family miss you? I would never be able to do that."

Scarlet looked away, and I wish I bit back my tongue.

"I haven't talked to my family in years. They refuse to even communicate with me, but I've learned to deal with it. I'm much happier here anyway."

"You look happy." It wasn't sarcasm.

"I am, really."

Finding a chair next to one of the beds, I took a seat. Everything was so well put together. The curtains to divide the aisles, and the beds aligned neatly. There were trauma kits stashed in a corner of the room, which I'm sure was used a plenty of times.

"How could Damien afford this?"

"It's a gang. Go figure."

I slightly winced at the sound of that. Gang. I had completely forgotten that this is where my life has headed in just a matter of 32 hours.

Scarlet laughed. "It took me a long time to cope with the London Heist too."

The London Heist. Their name gave me chills.